The sun is shining past 7pm, and kids across the city are counting down the final days of the school year, which can only mean one thing—it’s almost time for summer camp!
Good news, our friends at Chalkbeat have prepared a comprehensive guide of all the fun places for kiddos this summer season in Tennesse and beyond. Whether your preferred camp looks like outdoor adventure or creative collaboration, this camp guide has on option for you.
Grab your sunscreen & pack your bags—it’s time for summer camp!
Choose your own adventure at one of these amazing summer camps:
1. Y.E.S. Camp (Youth Entrepreneurship Summer Camp)
In this fun-filled week-long entrepreneurship workshop, participants will gain business development skills such as ideation, problem-solving, marketing, organization, goal-setting and pitching while working in small groups with high schoolers from around the greater Memphis area. Learn more.
2. Bodine School Summer Reading Program
The primary goal of the Summer Reading Program is to get students excited about reading and writing. The purposes of the Bodine School Summer Reading Program are to maintain literacy skills previously taught, to introduce new literacy skills, and to minimize loss of literacy skills. Learn more.
3. Advantage U. College Camp: COLLEGE LIST and COLLEGE ESSAY PREP
Did you know that developing a College List and College Essay can take almost 85% of your college application planning time? Take some time this summer to develop both and walk into senior year less stressed and more prepared! In this two week session the camp will provide your child with guidance, direction, support and feedback in developing a well researched and thought out college list as well as a fully developed college essay. Learn more.
4. CAS Prep 2022 Summer Session
This virtual Summer session is a fun but educational experience that your child will love. This engaging and informative community building time starts the day. Engaging instructors take them through math and English Language Arts lesson and activities. The day ends for most students with an engaging enrichment activity such as coding and financial literacy. Learn more.
Your Brooks is offering art camps for children ages 5 through 11, inspiring young minds to explore art and creativity. Camp includes active learning in the galleries, looking at original works of art, creating studio projects, active play outdoors, and more.
6. See even more experiences on Chalkbeat's Camp Guide
Summer Youth Theatre Conservatory
Remember to include our city's local programs in your summer camp search!
Whether your child dreams of being the next Ja Morant or a new age Otis Redding, the Bluff city has summer experiences geared for every kind of dreamer:
- Stax Music Academy: The Summer Music Experience at SMA provides a vibrant, educational, and fun atmosphere. Students work in teams, write, learn, and perform music and choreography, and learn how music is created!
- Memphis Athletic Ministries: During the summer, rising 3rd – 8th graders participate in academic lessons, recreation, life skills training, and fun field trips with MAM.
- STREETS: This 5-week summer program for 2nd through 9th graders includes arts & crafts, recreation, STEM academic enrichment, and field trips. Streets provides breakfast, lunch, and snacks every day!
Interested in one of these local programs? Reach out to Give901 at email@example.com.
Interested in helping send a Memphis child to one of these local experiences? Consider Giving to Project Summer Camp to help send a student to one of these local programs!