Check out these fresh new Memphis jobs:
Company: FedEx Services
Positions: 4 Positions
Positions: 6 Positions
Agape means Love. Love for children, for families, for Christ. We engage with those we are blessed to serve by offering love and support via a variety of programs and services.
Company: Fogelman Downtown YMCA
Position: Part-Time Aquatics Coordinator
Under the general supervision of the Operations Director, the Aquatics Coordinator assists in developing and implementing high quality YMCA Aquatic Programs. Provides direct leadership, supervision, instruction and motivation for aquatics staff in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures and creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement.
1. Supervises aquatic program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Ensure program quality and monitor staff performance and member service.
2. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
3. Develop relationships with members to ensure that member needs are being met.
4. Supervise staff and ensure appropriate staffing of pool.
5. Reviews and evaluates staff performance.
6. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
7. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
8. Assist in the delivery of aquatics programs, instructions and staff trainings.
9. Monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
10.Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
11. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds
to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
10. Assists with Program Committee meetings
11.Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
12.Schedules, attends, and participates in required meetings and training sessions.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising. Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support fund-raising.
Operational Effectiveness Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Required: Must hold current certifications in: Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (or equivalent), and Emergency Oxygen.
2. One to two years related experience preferred; as a lifeguard.
3. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
4. Minimum age requirements may apply; minimum age of 21.
5. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff and New Staff Training.
6. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Ability to see and hear individuals and alarms in pool area
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform activities which require sustained concentration and attention.
HOW TO APPLY:
Deadline to submit Application: July 10, 2017. Please send Resume and/or Application to email@example.com Subject Line: Fogelman YMCA Aquatics Coordinator
Company: McDonald Kuhn PLLC
Position: Office Manager
A small law firm is seeking an office manager for its east Memphis office. The candidate should have 5 or more years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping or similar office management skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for the firm’s bookkeeping, as well as overseeing the overall office management, including personnel and human resources.
The office manager will report directly to the Members of the firm. The position will include financial management of the firm, include overseeing accounts payable and receivable, monitoring trust accounts, payroll and reconciling invoices. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the firm’s employees, employee benefits, personal leave, employee performance, and oversee the operation of the firm.
The salary and benefits are commensurate with experience, education and background.
Please provide your resume, via email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company: Vanick Digital
Position: SharePoint Lead Developer
The ideal candidate will provide application development solutions and services to Vanick Digital’s clients. Research, analyze, design/prototype, develop, test and implement solutions that meet development and infrastructure architecture standards.
Top Reasons to Work at Vanick
- Four day work weeks (optional)
- No micromanagement
- Flexible and modern work environment
What you do daily
- Decomposing work for multiple SharePoint developers (2-3 people)
- Working on your own development items (this is a player/coach role)
- Communicate and manage development progress, budgets, and risks
- If necessary, client calls and progress updates
- Comfortable when speaking directly to clients (as needed)
- Ability to manage, coach, and lead 2-4 developers
- You enjoy learning new things and working through issues with minimal to no oversight
- You are comfortable estimating tasks and managing to those estimates
- Minimum of 3+ year’s development experience with SharePoint. Working knowledge of collaboration, search, application integration, content management, solution deployment, InfoPath, Excel services, workflow using Visual Studio, business data services, reporting services and SharePoint Designer (SharePoint 2013 App Development a plus).
- In-depth experience with SharePoint Designer, Collaboration, Portals, Enterprise Search, Enterprise Content Management, Designer Workflows, InfoPath forms, SharePoint Installation and Configuration
- Minimum of 3+ years of applied experience with Internet/Intranet technologies, platforms and integration with backend systems and databases.
- Minimum of 3+ years SQL (2008 and 2012) relational database experience with demonstrable understanding of efficient retrieval and storage techniques.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
For more information or to apply click here.
Company: Baptist Memorial Health Care
Position: EICU RN
Baptist Memorial Health Care invites critical care nurse professionals to explore the newest field of critical care medicine, Tele-icu nursing program known as TeleGuardian.
Job Summary: As part of a collaborative team, provides tele-nursing care focusing on early intervention to a diverse population of critically ill adults across multiple ICUs. Accountable for utilizing the nursing process to provide remote or direct patient care, coordinate the provision of care and serve as a role model in clinical practice and professional development. Blends caring, compassion, knowledge and integrity to provide safe, quality care that preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights. Will work one ICU shift per schedule in ICU to maintain clinical knowledge and skills. Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in adult ICU setting required 10 years’ experience in adult ICU setting preferred.
- Completion of RN program required, BSN preferred.
- Successful completion of critical care course or equivalent required.
- Computer literacy; Effective communication, organizational, and collaboration skills; thinking and problem solving skills; Capability of making rapid and clinically accurate decisions based on best practice and evidence based practice; EKG Rhythm Interpretation required.
- BLS, ACLS, RN required
- CCRN (Certified Critical Care Nurse) or preferred CCRNe credential preferred. Must obtain CCRNe within 1 year of hire preferred.
To apply, click here!
Company: Baptist Memorial Health Care
Position: Research RN
Baptist Cancer Center – Memphis now hiring Research Nurse Coordinators
The Baptist Cancer Center delivers compassionate, high quality care and service to patients and their families. Our goal is to provide the best treatment options available for patients with cancer and access to clinical trials often offer the best options for patients and their caregivers. Our team values diversity, respects the individual, and is a friendly and supportive group to work with.
We are currently recruiting for RNs interested in a rewarding opportunity to be involved with the newest treatments and treatment regimens being studied world-wide for cancer patients right here in the Memphis area! These positions are ideal for an RN with at least 1 year of oncology experience and/or 1 year of clinical research experience. Opportunities are also available in Oxford, New Albany, and Golden Triangle.
- RN licensure
- 2 years RN experience in Research or Oncology
- RN Research experience
Certifications – SOCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates), ACRT (Association of Clinical Research Professionals), Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI), HAZMAT, CCRP or CCRC
Computer skills to include MS Word, Excellent organizational skills. Detail oriented. Experience with EMR and Clinical Trial Management System.
To apply, click here!
Position: Program Specialist, Marketing
- Position Summary:Program Specialist, Marketing, is responsible for direct marketing B2C and B2B activities focused on, but not limited to, email marketing operations, strategy, subscriber acquisition, reporting and email content creation. This position will coordinate with internal AutoZone teams as well as external agency and vendor resources on the creation and execution of e-mail related programs and projects.
• Work closely with and support the Marketing Manager, Email & CRM.
• Execute the strategy and ongoing operations for AutoZone’s promotional, transactional and triggered email marketing programs.
• Act as a liaison between AutoZone, agency and vendor teams in generating marketing content for use in e-mail marketing campaigns
•Create detailed business requirements, use cases, wireframes and user interface specifications for email-related projects
•Produce reports and assist in analysis of email program performance
•Collaborate with additional third-party vendors as necessary
•Assist in preparation of presentation materials specific to email program performance
Position Skills and Requirements:
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- 2 years of experience in email marketing, with knowledge of process, trends and best practices
- Skilled in analytics (Adobe Analytics) and reporting software with ability to demonstrate proficiency
- Strong analytical skills with ability to apply to business decision making
- Experience working across teams to produce coordinated content (including external agency and vendor teams)
- A drive for execution and positive results
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Advanced MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and adapt to change
- Experience with database/ CRM management (preferred)
Click here to apply!
Company: My Brother’s Keeper Alliance
Position: Boys and Young Men of Color Opportunity Summit
On Thursday,June 22nd, 2017, My Brother’s Keeper Alliance (MBK Alliance) will bring the Pathways to Success: Boys and Young Men of Color Opportunity Summit to Memphis, Tennessee. The Summit will provide individuals between the ages of 16 and 29 opportunities to interview with employers for on-the-spot hiring, access community resources and social services, and participate in career preparation and leadership development training.
For more information, click here!
Company: ALSAC/St. Jude
Position: Manager – Social & Mobile iMarketing
Responsible for managing the relevant earned Social & Mobile Digital marketing campaigns to ALSAC/St. Jude audiences resulting in increased awareness, engagement and monetary conversions with positive metrics (ROI or awareness goal). This role is responsible for managing the Earned Social & Mobile team who are running the day to day Social Media communities for St. Jude across all Social platforms (posting, responding, and engaging). Drives Digital Marketing and technology initiatives based on organizational strategic objectives. Identifies and manages Digital advertising opportunities with a focused expertise on earned social and mobile channels. Requires a complete understanding of integrated online channel strategies and how each channel is used for the most efficient and effective marketing mix per program and/or campaign. Oversees budgeting and spend tracking specific to mobile campaigns. This position collaborates daily with Senior Digital Marketing team (Senior Director, Director, Associate Director and other Managers) on Earned Social campaigns, web analyst team to provide accurate, timely and consistent reporting and analysis on social and mobile campaign performance. It requires the prioritization of Social & Mobile growth and expansion to achieve both overall enterprise and program goals. This position will require working outside of standard business hours (including nights and/or weekends) and being on call as needed for specific social media opportunities or during crisis situations.
- Excellent communication skills, including grammar and writing ability a must; requires ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences; ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be familiar with all Social Media platforms (existing and emerging) i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat blogging sites, RSS feeds.
- This role requires the ability to schedule and moderate text (MMS & SMS) and video/image post content and segment messaging to different geo-target locations, specific audiences and demographics working with our outside mobile vendor.
- Requires being active on social media with a positive social media presence.
- Requires hands-on experience with Web and mobile texting platforms; knowledge of how to execute mobile SMS campaigns, knowledge of short code/keyword management, mobile messaging and mobile Text to Donate programs.
- Require experience managing work done with a Social Media monitoring tool.
- Must demonstrate ability to use reporting, competitive analysis, web analytics (Omniture preferred) tools and data to build effective business cases and achieve campaign goals (ROI or awareness).
- This role requires experience working with multi-million dollar, multi-channel marketing campaigns and the ability to show measured success in setting and meeting specific goals.
- Requires working knowledge of HTML, iframe and other social app development platforms, WordPress (or other similar blog platforms), website Content Management Systems, mobile apps and user experience across multiple digital and mobile platforms.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, PR or related field and 5+ years Marketing/PR/Advertising or Digital experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
To apply, click here!
Company: Ballet On Wheels
Position: Part-Time Ballet, Modern, & Hip Hop Dance Instructors
Ballet On Wheels Dance School is seeking part-time dance instructors to teach Ballet, Modern, and Hip Hop dance genres to students ages 5-17. Teachers must be dependable, flexible, and available to teach on weekday afternoons/evenings. At least 1-2 years previous teaching experience, required. Must have reliable transportation.
To apply, visit www.balletonwheels.org or email your dance resume to email@example.com.
Company: Youth Villages
Position: Bilingual Family Counselor/Social Worker
Our Intercept program serves a broad population of youth, including those involved with multiple child-serving systems and those at high risk of removal from their families. The program specializes in diverting youth from out of home placements by helping their families safely maintain youth in their home environment. This position is responsible for providing intensive home-based therapy to families. Our Transitional Living Specialists provide their 18-22 year old clients with the knowledge to utilize all available community resources. These counselors are able to help clients become self-sufficient by assisting them in locating and learning how to use community resources such as housing, employment and education.
Carry small caseload of 4-6 families (Intercept) Handle a caseload of 12-15, 18-22 year old clients (Transitional Living)
Create individual service plans with each client based on their goals in order to transition into adulthood.
Hold family sessions with each case up to 3 times a week scheduled at the convenience of the families
3 supervision meetings a week
Web-based documentation (voice recognition technology in most locations)
Provide on-call availability to families during the week, one weekend each month
Drive up to 60-80 miles to meet with families in the home
Schedule is non-traditional, but flexible and based around clients’ availability. Since counselors are heavily involved with each family, long hours can be required.
You must have your own vehicle to use for work purposes as well as have liability insurance. Counselors are reimbursed for mileage.
A Masters degree in a social service discipline (preferred)
A Bachelors degree in a social service discipline (required)
Experience in a clinical counseling or case management setting
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Basic computer knowledge
Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Fluent in Spanish and English both in verbal and written expression.
For more information or to apply, click here!
Company: Thistle & Bee
Position: Executive Director
Founded in 2015, Thistle and Bee Enterprises, Inc. (T&B) was created to help women thrive who have survived prostitution and trafficking. Through a residential program and a social enterprise built around the manufacture and sale of products made from honey and herbs, survivors will experience healing as they gain skills and experience needed to rebuild their lives.
The Thistle & Bee Executive Director…
Works with the Board Chair and Board of Directors to implement Thistle & Bee’s 3-year strategic plan; Increases diversity of the Board and strengthens overall Board engagement; Creates and implements organization infrastructure; Directs implementation of policies and procedures for all aspects of T&B operations; Cultivates funding opportunities to support hiring of key staff and procuring office/production space;
Develops, manages, and grows the T&B budget; Directs growth of social enterprise through expansion of product line and sales venues; Remains abreast of significant trends, research, and discussions by networking and attending professional seminars, public lectures, and reading relevant publications.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
At least three years work or relevant experience in a position with significant planning and decision-making responsibility
The position requires a high-level of skills, maturity, and judgment.
- Strategic thinking/Visioning
- Strong work ethic
- Open Communicator
- Follows through on commitments
If interested in applying for the Thistle & Bee Executive Director position, please email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: July 31, 2017.
Company: Orion Federal Credit Union
Position: Sr. Marketing Specialist / Graphic Designer
Orion FCU is seeking a Sr Marketing Specialist / Graphic Designer to work directly with our Director of Marketing to assist in the development, implementation and successful execution of Orion’s marketing plan and to assist in community affairs. This role develops and implements print, online, electronic and direct mail marketing strategies to optimize marketing effectiveness and enhance user experience. This role prepares technical and non-technical visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts for publication.
Primary duties include:
- Works with the Director of Marketing in all aspects of campaign development and collaborates with credit union department heads on specific department marketing needs.
- Develops concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company designs, ads, and websites, ensuring brand integrity is delivered.
- Responsible for managing the company website, intranet and social media channels.
- Works with the Director of Marketing on projects with community partners.
- Manages public events and in-branch promotional events for the credit union.
- Responsible for use of a database management tool to build targeted lists and link to direct marketing mail and email efforts.
- Completes administrative tasks, maintains departmental records and function, including communicating with staff and vendors in coordinating the implementation of promotions and projects to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience and training.
- Functional knowledge of design software such as, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, WordPress, HTML basic knowledge.
- 4+ years of related experience, agency or in-house preferred.
Interested Candidates should send their resume to email@example.com
Company: Boys & Girls Club of Greater Memphis
Position: Volunteer & Community Outreach Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of our energetic and dedicated team the Volunteer Coordinator oversees volunteer recruitment, screening, training and program activities for all Club and organizational volunteers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Implement policies and procedures for volunteer recruitment, selection, training, and participation in activities throughout Club facilities and special events.
2) Manage administrative and operations systems to support volunteer programs (background screenings, volunteer applications, etc.)
3) Identify potential sources of volunteers and develop proactive strategies to recruit volunteers with the skills needed by Club programs and activities.
4) Coordinate evaluation of volunteer activities and participation, refining selection and training activities to ensure a high level of satisfaction by volunteers and staff.
5) Provide regular orientation of volunteers in both one-on-one and group settings providing history of organization and values/mission, Club tours, etc.
6) Develop collaborative relationships with other organizations supporting volunteerism or serving as potential sources for Club volunteers such as corporations or civic organizations.
7) Act as a liaison with neighborhood and community groups to enhance Club and community relations and to build public trust.
8) Coordinates and represents BGCM at special events such as community volunteer resource fairs, United Way Programs, etc. to increase awareness of existing and new volunteer programs.
9) Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program and maintains volunteer calendar.
10) Develop and coordinate internship programs with local universities in both the Clubs and administrative roles strengthening relationships and enhancing academic programming.
11) Works with Club Staff on the Office of Justice (OJP) Grant to recruit, screen, train, motivate, engage
and recognize specific mentors per selected Club site.
12) Work with Resource Development Team to supply content and updates for newsletters, social media outlets, press releases, etc. to highlight volunteer success stories and opportunities.
13) Maintains a current contact & mailing list for all volunteers, following up & checking in on volunteers about their time working with staff & kids; report updates to staff on engagement
14) Works with Resource Development Team to develop and implement volunteer promotional materials and strategies that attract and retain volunteer partners, and promote/educate the greater community about Volunteer & Community Outreach Initiatives.
15) Assists Resource Development Team on organization-wide fundraising and donor stewardship endeavors.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Suggested minimum of two to three years’ work experience in a service organization, with emphasis on volunteer programs and activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with good public presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all types of people
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies
- Evening and weekend work required as needed by volunteer orientations, meetings, events, etc.
- Demonstrate BGCM mission driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion and integrate into work environment and ways of work.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCM’s Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mandy Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Fairhaven Treatment Center
Position: Nutrition Support Staff
Fairhaven Treatment Center is a residential and outpatient treatment program for adolescents and adult women with eating disorders. We focus on compassion-based care, mindfulness, and the latest in evidence-based treatment practices to support our clientele. We are also growing and are looking for passionate, kind, open-minded and open-hearted folks to build this vision with us.
Under the supervision of the Nutrition Director, this role will manage the planning, execution and quality of meals for our Outpatient treatment center location. This role also includes eating supportive meals with clients, shadowing the Director in groups & individual sessions, conducting group sessions, accompanying clients on therapeutic outings and helping to shape the mission and vision of Fairhaven’s nutrition program. This role has great potential for internal advancement and leadership development for the right individual.
You will also work with our treatment team to assist in taking vitals, supporting meal preparation, meal plan development and nutritional adequacy/therapy. This is a full time, hourly position with benefits that will require flexibility to work evenings (potentially 1 per week) and across the Center (Residential and Outpatient) when necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years in a nutrition, health & wellness, or food service role
- Associate’s Degree in Nutrition, Health or Social Sciences (Bachelor’s Highly Desired)
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends (negotiable)
- Culinary training a plus
- Past work with vulnerable populations a plus
- Dietitian Registered Technician certification desired
If interested, please respond to Hannah Coakley (email@example.com) the Nutrition Program Director with a cover letter and resume.
Company: Memphis College of Art
Position: Business Office Specialist
Memphis College of Art is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced individual to fill the position of Business Office Specialist. This position will report to the Director of Accounting and Payroll Services to manage student and other receivables to support the college’s mission and goals. We are looking for a motivated professional to take total responsibility for all aspects of accounts receivable.
At the direction of the Director of Accounting and Payroll Services, the Business Office Specialist will oversee all receivable activities of the college and meet all of the following responsibilities:
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate invoicing of new and continuing graduate and undergraduate students each semester.
- Initiate and enforce student and parent payment plans to ensure timely collection of student tuition and housing revenue.
- Proactively identify students accounts with likely payment/collection problems and coordinate with other departments as needed, such as Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Services and Registrar’s Office to resolve such problems prior to the start of the term, with the goal of minimizing risk of bad debts to MCA. Collection efforts are to continue throughout the semester by repeated follow-up and efficient use of third party collection agencies, if warranted. Exercise judgment to identify paying capacity or the need for additional aid to maintain appropriate balance between revenue collection and student retention.
- Accurately report accounts receivables (traditional and continuing), collections, and bad debts to support the preparation of financial statements.
- Ensure accurate posting of all financial aid and timely reconciliation of general ledger financial aid accounts with Financial Aid department records. Reconciliation also encompasses the accurate drawdown and disbursement of federal and state financial aid, as well as outside scholarships.
- Provide accurate and timely disbursement of credit balance or advance checks to students.
- Project a service-oriented attitude to students, parents, faculty and staff in person, via phone and email in the course of routine transactions or special projects, such as the annual Horne Island expedition and exhibit, Spring trip, student art sales, and fundraising events.
- Provide accurate recording and timely reconciliation of general ledger accounts within the responsibility of this position, such as petty cash, miscellaneous receivables, postage accounts, sales tax accounts, etc.
- Reconcile scholarship and loan accounts.
- Process cash, check and credit card deposits accurately and reconcile with bank records or third party system information, such as Talech, Active Net, etc.
- Bachelor degree is preferred, but on-point job experience and proven track record will be considered.
- Accounts receivable and collections experience, with preference given to student accounts and collection experience.
- Highly motivated self-starter with initiative, who can work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, ability to serve as a professional representative of the college with both students and parents.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively with various departments.
Interested candidates should send a resume to Anne-Marie Harrell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls from applicants will not be accepted.
Right now Memphis is teeming with education innovation and entrepreneurship as leaders flood the city. The nation’s leading charter schools move their models to Memphis, and open schools. Top tier residency programs race to Memphis to develop teachers. Memphis City Schools merge with the county school forming a brand new school district, Shelby County Schools. Teacher Town, USA forms, creating an open, friendly and collaborative new co-work space just off Memphis’ cobblestone Main St. In no other city have there been so many people, working to the same end alongside groundbreaking efforts like these. In no other city, will you find public school leaders, private school leaders, and charter school leaders sharing best practices over lunch in their co work space.
Company: City of Memphis VISTA Programs
Position: Full Time Service Members Wanted
The City of Memphis and AmeriCorps VISTA have partnered together to reduce poverty and transform the community. To do this the City has partnered with local non-profit organizations and city agencies to host VISTAs (Volunteers in Service to America) to serve in a range of areas from youth mentoring to data analysis and volunteer coordination.
VISTA members focus on building sustainable programs. They strengthen and support organizations by building infrastructure, expanding community partnerships, and securing long-term resources rather than through the provision of direct services. A major focus of VISTA service is to build capacity, or in other words, to engage in tasks and activities that create, expand and strengthen systems and processes in order to increase an organization’s ability to function effectively and meet its mission.
- The ability to commit to 1 year of full time service.
- At least some college education.
- The desire to develop professional skills while also making a difference in your community.
- Opportunities for professional development and networking in non-profit and government sectors
- A Living Allowance of $11,880
- Loan forbearance and a Segal Education Award of $5,730
- Health Coverage
- 10 personal days and 10 sick days, along with any holidays your service site honors.
- 1 year of non-competitive eligibility for federal jobs.
- Child Care Assistance
City of Memphis AmeriCorps VISTA Current Openings:
Knowledge Quest – Systems Manager: The VISTA will collaborate with Knowledge Quest in advancing the intellectual and character development of children in poverty by evaluating, refining, and expanding organizational operating systems.
Leadership Memphis – Community Resource Coordinator: The VISTA will help to increase the number of students completing the FASFA application, and increase student achievement by expanding parent and family knowledge of graduation success strategies, knowledge of post-secondary education and career options, preparation and financing.
Leadership Memphis – Volunteer Community Engagement Coordinator: The VISTA will work with the Volunteer Memphis Director and focus on program infrastructure and development, compliance, and outreach strategies to grow the scope and impact of the Volunteer Memphis service partners that support the economic development of their clients & education and anti-poverty initiatives.
Memphis Athletic Ministries – Data Analyst: The VISTA will increase Memphis Athletic Ministries’ (MAM) capacity to collect and analyze youth data, including Shelby County School data, to directly impact the academic performance of each MAM participant, ages 8 to 18, which live in impoverished areas. The VISTA will support leadership with increasing MAM’s capacity to gather and analyze program-level data and implement evidence-informed practices which will positively impact programming.
Memphis Athletic Ministries – Volunteer Coordinator: The VISTA will assess the current volunteer program in the areas of recruiting and choosing volunteers engaged in our mission of serving under-resourced youth. The VISTA will create and revise policies, processes, systems and documents related to volunteer on-boarding, retention, and appreciation.
Memphis Office of Youth Services – Marketing Specialist: The Memphis Office of Youth Services (MOYS) mission is to equip youth with the tools necessary for becoming positive contributors to the greater community by inspiring them to make positive decisions in the classroom and beyond. MOYS is looking for an enthusiastic Outreach and Marketing VISTA for efforts to engage youth in low-income communities ages 14-21.
Memphis Police Department – PAL Outreach Coordinator: The VISTA will establish, develop and build capacity for programming catered to high-risk youth. The VISTA will create and implement strategic recruitment and marketing plan. Support the delivery of program staff trainings.
STREETS Ministries – Data Analyst: The VISTA will assess STREET's current data collection systems and make recommendation for improved efficiency and effectiveness. The VISTA will analyze collected program-level data and help evaluate the effectiveness of STREETS programs and provide ongoing support to STREETS in collecting data and researching evidence-informed practices.
Workforce Investment Network – Employment Specialist: The VISTA will collaborate with the Workforce Investment Network by identifying current and new low-income WIN participant pools, developing systems to track data, securing partnerships with local businesses, and developing a volunteer network to further address participant training needs.
Visit my.americorps.gov to begin your application today!
Company: Memphis Music Initiative
Position: 2 Positions
The Memphis Music Initiative (MMI) is a community-initiated and developed grantmaking initiative that uses high-quality music engagement to drive student, youth, and community outcomes. MMI builds on Memphis’ robust musical legacy by developing and strengthening music engagement offerings in and out of schools and supporting youth-centered, community- based music spaces for low-income Memphis youth. Our in-school program, one of three pieces of our strategy, aims to sustain existing in-school music education opportunities and expand instruction through partnerships with local musicians and music organizations. The anchor of the in-school strategy piece is the MMI Music Engagement Fellowship which partners in-school music programs with a wide range of musicians including hip-hop artists, music producers, classical musicians, jazz musicians, R&B singers, and others at over 30 public, parochial, and charter middle and high schools across Memphis.
MMI Fellowship Coach Job Description:
Reporting to the Fellowship Manager, the Fellowship Coach guides and supports a cohort of Music Engagement Fellows as they implement high-quality music engagement activities in support of positive youth outcomes in programs across Memphis:
- Supervise, support and manage a team of 12-14 fellows in all aspects of their work including effective support(s) for fellows to maximize positive youth achievement outcomes
- Support school Music Engagement Fellow, Music Director and/or school leadership in designing and implementing high-quality learning experiences in music and the arts
- Conduct site visits for observations, lead feedback and planning sessions, create action plans for a cohort of 12-14
- Manage the implementation of field trips with adherence to MMI and school field trip procedures and policies
- Work with MMI In-Schools team, fellows, and school leadership to track and measure youth and program success, assess program design, and redevelop and/or update program
- Lead professional development and share back sessions with Fellow cohort and compile applicable reports and summaries for MMI leadership
- Support the In-Schools Director and Memphis Music Initiative staff in coordinating implementation activities and executing the Initiative Strategy
- Plan the delivery of the MMI Fellowship program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Work with Fellowship Manager to ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Work with the Fellowship Manager to develop forms and records to document program activities
- Work with the MMI In-Schools team and Finance Director to implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of MMI
- Inform and ensure that the Director of In-School Programs (DISP) and Fellowship Manager has the necessary information to effectively perform their duties
- Act as advocate and spokesperson for this work and this initiative in your respective musical communities and with your professional peers, including PR and Marketing Teams
- Strong professional experience working with youth from low-income communities and communities of color
- Demonstrated project management and implementation experience; ability to manage multiple program components simultaneously
- Experience working in a creative youth development environment
- Knowledge of musical nonprofits and/or issues related to musicians and/or musical nonprofits
- Professional experience in navigating the field of education with knowledge of best practices and ability to identify strong music education programming
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and presenting data, and using data to inform strategy
- Experience with the music community in Memphis a plus
- A thorough understanding of comprehensive musicianship and a demonstrated ability of supporting students of diverse skill levels and backgrounds in learning with a commitment to bridging genres to drive relevant instruction
- Strong passion for the critical role music engagement can play in strengthening youth outcomes and developing youth leaders from low-income communities and communities of color
- Commitment to and passion for music education and youth development
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity and accountability
- High energy, ability to think creatively and work collaboratively and a sense of humor
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with youth, students, and a diverse range of people
- Strong ability to work independently and take initiative while supporting a larger team effort
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
To apply, please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter outlining your interest, experience, and potential fit for the role addressed to MMI Selection Committee via fellowscoach@MemphisIsMusic.org. We will begin reviewing applications on June 18, but we will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
Administrative Assistant (part time)
MMI is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide office duties, support staff and perform administrative tasks. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. The time commitment for this position is at least 20 hours per week (M-F). We would prefer that this person be available Monday through Friday for approximately 4 hours daily during working hours; this person must be available for at least four days during the week.
Key duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing administrative support to staff
- Coordinating projects and events
- Managing company calendar regarding scheduling
- Managing company purchasing, including maintaining office supplies and ordering items as needed
- Generating memos, emails and reports as necessary
- Responding to questions and requests for information
- Answering incoming calls and assume other duties when needed
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree
- Computer literate; proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Some experience working in an office setting preferred
- Reliable and able to maintain consistent schedule
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional professionalism and communication skills
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Position: Account Executive
The account executive is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The account executive interfaces with the various departments of the agency to move things through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the creative director concerning creative issues and input, the media planner concerning media issues, the public relations manager concerning publicity, the interactive manager concerning interactive projects and online media, and the production manager concerning scheduling and timing.
Account executives have major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account executive is responsible for carrying the plan out on a daily basis.
Account executives are also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients. Account executives are not salespeople. They are service personnel. Account executives should not be asked to cold canvas for new business. This takes valuable time from servicing their present accounts.
Reports to the account manager/director of account management.
Here Is What We Expect If Inferno Is The Right Place For You:
- Meet regularly with production manager, creative director, traffic manager, media planner, public relations, and interactive staff to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients/accounts.
- Receive client briefings. Fill out Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distribute to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relay Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively present, sell, and defend all agency work/proposals to clients; support other client service team members in these functions.
- Keep apprised of clients’ brands, products, services, and marketing developments.
- Assist in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing, media, and public relations planning.
- Regularly check for and respond promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails.
- Coordinate with interactive and creative teams to ensure traditional/interactive synthesis of marketing efforts.
- Check and approve creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Coordinate project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seek additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- BS/BA degree in Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
- 3-5 years marketing agency experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, execution, and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter, resourceful, creative, and results-oriented
Company: Eyewear Gallery
Position: Optician/ Clinician
Looking for a career in the eye care industry, working in a fun, team-oriented environment where your contributions are valued? We offer that, along with competitive salary, evenings off, and more!
Eyewear Gallery, one of the most advanced eye care facilities in the area, has been serving our community for 30+ years. We utilize the most advanced technology, maintain a professional and courteous staff, and value a respectful, team-oriented work environment.
Your primary role is to lead patients through the exam as well as the sales process of selecting and purchasing exclusive frames and sunglasses from designers around the world, you will also have the opportunity to learn all about the many facets of optometry. We want to support your growth and advancement in this exciting and rapidly advancing field. In return, we expect our employees to make a positive impact in the practice and in the lives of our patients. You will need good computer and verbal skills, a stable 2 year job history as well as be able to multi-task.
We offer a competitive salary plus vacation, medical insurance, vision and retirement benefits. Please email your resume to info@EyewearGallery.com.
Position: 6 Positions
Company: Memphis Recovery Centers
Memphis Recovery Centers (MRC) provides professional substance abuse treatment for adolescents and adults in a caring and confidential atmosphere. Throughout our history we have stayed true to our mission… to return the individual to an adaptable level of spiritual, physical, social, and occupational functioning, and to help each person and his/her family to begin a lifelong process of recovery.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual for the position of:
This position’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working with adolescents in a residential substance abuse treatment setting
- Developing individualized treatment plans
- Conducting individual and group therapy, as well as assessments
- Ensuring that patients’ records are accurately documented and completed in a timely manner
- Participating in staff training
- Educating families on the recovery process
- Bachelor’s degree in a social services field (Master’s Degree preferred but not required)
- Experience working with adolescents
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass a criminal background check
Company: Vanick Digital
Position: Project Manager
Project Managers at Vanick Digital serve the company in several different capacities, but their primary job is to cultivate a strong relationship and ensure that we deliver on time, on target and on budget solutions to our clients. Our project managers interface with customers to ensure they are completely satisfied with Vanick Digital’s performance. Project managers also actively look for additional opportunities for Vanick work with their clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build authentic relationships with clients
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Create excellent customer experiences through excellent communication tactics
- Create and work the project plan to actively track project status and earned value
- Report budget health to the customer weekly or as needed
- Ensure that Vanick Digital resources are being appropriately and productively applied to project tasks
- Work with client resources to identify challenges/risks, present options and maintain project momentum
- Zealously maintain approved project scope and document any approved changes
- Work with customers through SOWs, change requests and other formalized project processes
- Write and present SOWs for new work
- Facilitate internal processes required for project success
- Report project health, budget and forecast burn to PMO
- Bachelor Degree
- Strong communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience in Food Service industry as a waiter or bartender
- Preferred experience working in a consultative environment with off-site clients.
- Advanced level skill and collaboration in Microsoft Project.
- Experience with business analysis and project management tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio Online Team Foundation Server, Atlassian JIRA, LeanKit, Microsoft Dynamics CRM (PSA and Agile)
For more information, click here!
Position: Full Charge Bookkeeper
The sole objective of Orphanos is to glorify Jesus Christ and serve His purpose on earth. We do this by providing “fee free” donor management services for Christian ministries and missionaries that care for orphans and vulnerable children.
Ministry Position Summary:
This ministry position offers an individual the opportunity to make a difference in a high impact change theworld kind of non-profit environment with the ability to gain experience in real world non-profit situations. Position provides schedule freedom and opportunity to grow and develop role in the organization into a long-term career as organization continues to grow.
Anticipated at 30+ hours per week. Flexible schedule. Some occasional international travel possible.
Ideal candidate has experience in non-profit accounting (Unrestricted Gifts, Temporarily Restricted Gifts, Permanently Restricted Gifts, and IRS Form990), generating reports, preparing financials, and interacting with donors. Must be a God honoring person who agrees with our world view, has great people skills, and who wants to make a difference with their lives.
FCB should accomplish the organization’s objective by the following activities:
- Responsible to accurately process all income; cash, assets, gifts in kind, other instruments of value
- Be available to donors to assist or answer questions regarding donations.
- Responsible to process all payments of organizational expenses with approval from CEO.
- Responsible to process monthly payroll including but not limited to: staff, children’s homes, missionaries, sponsor grants, organizational grants.
Record Keeping and Internal Reporting
- Carry the primary responsibility for financial records of organization, and help CEO oversee efficient use of funds and related tasks.
- Provide CEO and Board requested reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Work alongside CEO to create and work within an annual budget.
- Assist Auditors in accomplishing annual audit.
Government Reporting and Other Agency Memberships
- Make sure appropriate forms and licenses are filed with government agencies (state and federal) as well as with any accrediting agencies (ex: ECFA, CAFO, CFC, etc…)
- File annual 990 tax returns.
To apply, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Women’s Foundation For A Greater Memphis
Position: Executive Administrative Assistant
Responsible for administrative activities in support of the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Administrative Support
- Proactively manage the calendar and conduct timely follow-up all scheduling communication or the Executive Director.
- Coordinate all business travel arrangements for Executive Director, including preparing expense reporting responsibilities.
- Responsible for the Executive Director’s daily administrative activities including drafting and typing of all correspondence as directed; production of reports and presentations; first contact for answering and screening incoming calls; field inquiries about the Foundation, route calls to the correct individual and opening routing and prioritizing mail.
- Assist in the preparation of bulk mailings.
- Assist with the preparation of requests for corporate, public, and other support.
- Initiate research projects and complete other duties on special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
II. Board & Committee Support
- Maintain current contact information for Board members, Board of Trustee members and committees.
- Follow up on meeting attendance confirmations before each meeting.
- Send Board meeting packets to members absent from meetings. (Agenda, minutes, financials, pertinent committee information as determined by Director of Finance)
- Reserve meeting rooms well in advance, seeking instruction from Deputy Director.
III. Fund Development Support
- Process pledges and payments from donors.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of campaigns, special events, and workshops.
- Learn campaign database software in support of the Development Department’s goals and objectives and update names, addresses, and other information as required.
IV. Receptions/Forums/ Special events
- Maintain registration list and mailing lists, and send necessary contact reminders. Provide support for Executive Director’s activities as needed. Attend events and help set up room and display materials as requested.
- As needed prepare packets, brochures, sign-in sheets, name tags, recognition gifts, etc.
- Work with Director of Development to coordinate brochure mailings and flyer postings and track and compile evaluation forms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree or equivalent in business or related field and five years’ experience of previous executive level support. Experience working with nonprofit organizations preferred.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will have the following experience and attributes:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service and public relations skills.
- Strong organizational skills, planning skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of the billing process and may be asked to assist in invoicing and collections.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and adapt to an ever changing administrative environment.
- An ability to work flexible hours as necessary, including evening, weekend, or special events.
- Sensitivity for cultural, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, and sexual identity diversity.
- Commitment to support the Foundation’s mission.
Please submit resumes and cover letter to Shante Avant – email@example.com and include the word resume in the subject line.
Company: Mid-South Food Bank
Position: Human Resources Manager
Manages all aspects of Human Resources functions including recruitment, employee relations, benefits, compensation and performance management, policies and procedures, HR records management, government and labor compliance, and training and development. Leads initiatives that contribute to positive employee morale, engagement and retention through communications, appropriate recognition and sound employment practices. The HR Manager provides metrics and data analysis, counsel on employment trends, work group and management effectiveness to the Leadership Team and helps in the development of a culture that embraces the mission and strategies of Mid-South Food Bank.
- Develop HR strategies, programs and procedures to meet the needs of the organization; talent acquisition, leadership development, succession planning, alignment of work to strategic objectives, performance management, employee engagement, etc.
- Provide HR support, advice, and innovative thinking to benefit the organization planning process, budgeting and the execution of plans and tactics.
- Develop recruitment and hiring guidelines and policies to ensure high quality placements and retention of employees.
- Manage the recruitment of all open positions by identifying competencies, experience levels and compensation ranges. Manage the job posting system and external avenues of recruitment, including tracking and reporting on recruiting activities, cost and effectiveness of methods. Ensure lawful recruiting and hiring practices.
- Track and process applications, conduct skills testing, schedule interviews, prepare interview packets, conduct reference checks, submit/schedule background checks and medical testing, and maintain applicant documentation. Coordinate all internal and external communication related to open and filled positions, including the preparation of offer letters and rejection letters.
Training and Development
- Manage the new hire orientation program.
- Coordinate compliance training for management team in areas such as OSHA, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, Harassment, Drug Fee Workplace and other legal areas.
- Coordinate supervisor/managerial training on basic supervision, performance management, discipline, and other topics as needed.
- Support training to address Mid-South Food Bank needs and promote employee development.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship, promote a high level of employee morale and inform the
Leadership Team of best practices and new developments.
- Conduct investigations related to EEOC, discriminations charges, harassment allegations, disputes and other sensitive issues; documenting appropriately and resolving quickly with reason and sound judgment.
- Work with management and outside counsel to effectively handle grievances.
- Provide consulting and advice to managers regarding manager/employee effectiveness, performance issues, harassment and terminations.
- Assist in the resolution of workplace disputes.
- Conduct annual employee satisfaction survey and provide to the Leadership Team plans and tactics to maintain a high performing workforce.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years Human Resources experience. Professional certification preferred.
- Computer literacy including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities, including long term and immediate deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter who can anticipate needs solve problems and handle multiple tasks in a fast- paced environment under pressure-sensitive situations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of good record keeping procedures and ability to maintain accurate records and files.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Professional and pleasant demeanor with all internal and external contacts.
- Acceptance of philosophy of food banking.
Apply in person Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m., South Dudley St., Memphis, TN 38104. No phone calls, please. Or, download the Employment Application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Red Rover
Position: 2 Positions
Company: FedEx Services
Position: Solutions Specialist
Position Summary and Essential Duties
Under general supervision, designs, develops, implements and maintains innovative and replicable programs/procedures supporting FedEx sales, senior leadership and customers creating value and effective strategies for FedEx. Requires the application of specialized/technical skill sets relevant to the role and objective of the department. Works individually and with teams with internal/external customers. May participate in review, analysis, interpretation of data/information creating innovative solutions.
Job Specific Information
Seeking strategic, solution driven creative talent with the willingness to learn and be flexible. Under general supervision responsible for designing, development and creation of education content for FedEx Sales and Leadership.
- Conducting needs analysis, defining learning objectives, scripting, and storyboarding content.
- Creating knowledge-based and application-based assessments which directly align to the objectives and goals.
- Collaborating with subject matter and business experts (Marketing, Sales, Solutions, Pricing, HR, Legal) throughout the creative cycle to ensure alignment with business objectives. Plus, highly collaborating with design and development teams.
- Proficiency in Adobe authoring tools such as Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus
- Experience and interest in video filming and photography, plus video knowledge and development.
- Thought leader who uses facts, experience, and research to make informed recommendations and decisions.
- Intellectual curiosity with ability to learn and adapt.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent in business or a related field. Minimum of two (2) years experience in designing, maintaining, and/or implementation of solutions to complex business situations. Experience is specifically related to the department’s specialty. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements. Proficient in business software, spreadsheet applications and/or graphics or web development. Ability to plan and work on multiple assignments concurrently. Good interpersonal skills. Strong written and oral communication skills.
To Apply, click here.
Company: Memphis Grizzlies
Position: Social Media Strategist
The Memphis Grizzlies are seeking a creative and qualified individual to support the Marketing Strategy department, with a focus on the day-to-day operational aspects of social advertising for the Memphis Grizzlies social media channels. The position’s primary goals include working with the Social Media Producer on ideas to cultivate fan engagement, planning social media posts and campaigns, and optimizing social media campaign performance. The Social Media Strategist will work cross-functionally with Partnership Marketing on promotions development, and will be responsible for proactively monitoring campaign performance to determine when changes are required to meet Partnership goals. In addition, the Social Media Strategist will provide daily performance, follower, and engagement updates across all social media channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Brand, Communications and Social Media Producer to maintain and enhance brand voices for the Memphis Grizzlies social media channels. Maintain consistent communications practices across all channels.
- Plan, monitor and optimize content, including social contests, sweepstakes and promotions across social media platforms including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Vine, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Reddit, and Pinterest.
- Maintain daily and weekly social media production and social marketing calendars.
- On a shared schedule with Social Media Producer, attend and document various Memphis Grizzlies events to produce live content across brand social media channels as required.
- Work closely with Social Media Producer and internal stakeholders on development and execution of content and scheduling of promotions, news and social advertising placements.
- Coordinate with Manager, Marketing Engagement to schedule content that should be cross-posted to/from Grizzlies, FedExForum, Memphis G-League and eLeague social channels.
- Work with Sr. Director of Digital and Marketing Analyst to track key performance indicators (KPI) across channels that support organizational goals of measuring the efficacy of social interaction and proving ROI including fan engagement, lead conversion, social advertising effectiveness, and sentiment as well as identification of areas of improvement.
- Keep a forward focus on trends. Adapt, adopt and recommend new technologies and emerging social platforms that enhance the organization’s touch points with fans and consumers.
- Be knowledgeable of NBA rules and regulations regarding social media communications, videos and advertising.
- Manage and monitor all social media channels for fan commenting, spam and content issues. Share community feedback and respond to audience in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing/Advertising, Media or Communications is required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience working in a digital media role with a brand is required.
- Superior written and verbal skills, editorial judgment and knowledge of digital culture.
- Detail-oriented and strong organization and project management skills.
- Thorough understanding (in a business capacity) of social platforms including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Reddit and Pinterest.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for technology, social media in a business and strategic context, NBA basketball, and entertainment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess basic photo, audio and video editing skills. Experience with Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Audacity or Soundcloud, a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high standards in all work.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office required.
- Must be willing and able to work nontraditional hours in nontraditional settings (nights, holidays and weekends as required).
- Trustworthiness and confidentiality are a must.
- Experience with social scheduling and analysis applications such as HootSuite or buffer; Facebook Custom Audiences, Twitter advertising and TrackMaven, a plus.
To apply, click here!
Company: Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis
Position: Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving
As a member of our energetic and dedicated development team the Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving designs, manages and implements the activities of BGCM’s Major Gifts and Planned Giving Program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute strategies to identify, research, cultivate and solicit qualified prospects for major and planned gifts in collaboration and cooperation with the VP of Development.
- Cultivate relationships with attorneys, trust officers, accountants, financial planners and other estate planning professionals regarding gift opportunities for clients.
- Develop guidelines for planned giving marketing campaigns.
- Cultivate potential major gift and/or planned gift prospects. Develop proposals and conduct solicitations of individual donors and/or their attorneys or accountants.
- Control fund raising expenses related to planned gift solicitation within budget.
- Keep current with laws, statues, planned giving materials and Boys & Girls Club literature.
- Develop strategic alliances with donors, prospects, attorneys, financial advisors, accountants and others with an interest in major gifts and/or planned giving opportunities.
- Must understand and be able to implement fundraising techniques effectively and be willing to acquire the skills needed to meet and exceed goals.
- Requires knowledge of fundraising and public relations; very strong communication, organizational, interpersonal skills and public speaking skills; face-to-face interaction with donors; understand difficult verbal or written instructions; understand data processing applications
- Must be a goal driven self-starter willing to attend after hour events, meetings and networking activities
- Attention to detail required.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in relevant fundraising activities and a proven track record of accomplishment in this area.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, database applications. Raisers Edge & Constant Contact experience a plus.
Interested parties please send cover letter and resume to Mandy Powell,email@example.com
Company: ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Position: UI Developer
Do what you love. Love why you do it. This is a rare opportunity to become a part of the organization responsible for awareness and fundraising for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. As a UI Developer, you’ll be responsible for visual design, interaction design, interface design and front-end development on major fundraising initiatives. You’ll spend your time working in an agile environment with collaborative teams to define, build, test, and iterate digital products and experiences that serve St. Jude donors and drive fundraising goals. You’ll have the opportunity to write robust and forward-thinking code in practice and design. Our staff is dynamic and diverse, but our mission is the same: support the lifesaving, global mission of St. Jude.
For more information and to apply, click here!
Company: First Tennessee Bank
Position: Treasury Management Product Developer
This position is primarily responsible for assisting with the development of Commercial Credit Card products managed by the Treasury Management (TM) Product Team. This position executes on the strategies put in place by the Payables Senior Product Manager and/or Commercial Credit Card Product Manager. The priorities will be established by the TM Product Team Lead.
The Product Developer is expected to become a subject matter expert for a set of traditional and innovative Commercial Credit Card products and therefore able to write business requirements based on the objectives for new products or product enhancements. This position should also be able to explain or present these requirements to other team members, critical stakeholders and executive management to attain their buy-in for the development of the product and to properly evaluate the risk associated with the new initiative. These other stakeholders may include representatives from technology, risk management, operations, compliance, marketing, sales, customer service and executive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in any of the following skill sets: Product Development, Product Management, Bank Product Design and/or Development; Commercial Credit Card or Purchasing Card experience
- The candidate will understand the basics of accounting and finance principles, the banking industry, and process improvement concepts. He/she will also possess a broad understanding of the technology used in today’s financial systems including internet based information systems, databases, object oriented programming languages, software testing techniques and project management skills.
- Of specific interest is experience in designing improved processes in an office environment which necessitates an understanding of related technologies, as well as business culture dynamics and human behavior.
For a full job description and to apply, click here!
Company: Memphis College of Art
Position: Associate Vice President for College Advancement
Memphis College of Art is looking for a dynamic and accomplished leader to fill the position of Associate Vice President of College Advancement. This position will work collaboratively with the college president to design and execute a comprehensive fundraising strategy to support the college’s mission and goals. We are looking for an experienced development professional to provide leadership and direction for all fundraising efforts.
At the direction of the president, The Associate Vice President of College Advancement will be responsible for the supervision and oversight of all advancement operations of the college including, but not limited to the following areas and programs:
- All aspects of fundraising and financial support for the college, including the MCA Annual Fund, major gifts, prospect research, foundation research, grant applications, corporate sponsorship and solicitation, and capital campaigns
- Oversight and responsibility for advancement data and financial records
- Oversight of activities and development of Alumni Coordinator and Alumni Association
- Planning and leading special events, donor recognition, the annual Holiday Bazaar, and other fundraising events
- Manage and direct grant writing and submission, to include oversight of independent grant writer
- Serve as staff liaison to the Trustees Advancement Committee
- Work collaboratively with senior level administrative team and Board of Trustees
- Any additional duties assigned by the president
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- At least 3 years of fundraising / development experience
- A proven track record of success
- Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and ability to participate in public speaking events
- The position requires the ability to multi-task and work collaboratively with various constituencies
- Ability to manage and work with team members – Grant Writer, Alumni Coordinator and Director of Events
A minimum of a Bachelors degree is required.
Interested candidates should send a resume to Holly Guthrie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls from applicants will not be accepted.