Festival season is in full swing! From food to fashion and music to mushrooms, there are a number of spring and summer festivals in Memphis, and we want to make sure you know about ’em all.
MAY festivals in memphis
LET'S BRUCH FESTIVAL: MAY 7
- Whether you’re a Bloody Mary or Mimosa mane, this brunch fest will fuel you with samples of some of the best brunch bites and beverages our city has to offer.
MEMPHIS GREEK FESTIVAL: MAY 20-21
- This long-standing Mid-South tradition started as a small pastry sale and has grown into a full-fledged two-day festival boasting over 10,000 attendees every year. Go for the kabobs, baklava, and bevy of other tasty delights. Stay for the dancing, and fun finds featured in the Greek Boutique.
- P.S. bring 3 cans to donate to Mid-South Food Bank to receive free entry.
BLUFF CITY FAIR: MAY 20-30
- If you’ve been craving pronto pups and candy apples with a side of circus acts, make your way to the Bluff City Fair at Autozone Liberty Bowl Stadium. There’ll be circus performers, rides for all ages, a petting zoo, and more! Tickets can be purchased upon arrival.
- Make note of the discount days -> Unlimited Rides on Tuesdays and Thursdays for $10.
CAFÉ DU MEMPHIS: MAY 21
- You may have to loosen your belt after you indulge in all the beignets, shrimg & grits, cafe au lait, and more as The Rotary Club of Memphis and Dorothy Day house invites you to Café Du Memphis at the Malco Summer Drive-In.
BEALE STREET ART CRAWL: MAY 21
- Need some new wall dressings? The Beale Street Art Crawl is bringing talented local and regional artists to the iconic street Downtown to provide a family-friendly day full of finding your next masterpiece. Come for the creatives. Stay for the live bands that’ll surely get you to bust a move.
- Looking to add a new furry friend to your family? Or maybe you’re in the market for new furry fashions for your partner in crime (cat or dog!) Fido Fest at Carriage Crossing in Collierville can help you out with all of the above!
- Take a trip to Meeman Shelby Forest state park for a 5-day, 4-night transformational camping experience in celebration and support of the legalization of all plant medicine
MEMPHIS IN MAY INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL
- Between the Beale Street Music Festival, the World Championship BBQ Cooking Contest, and the Great American River Run, the Memphis in May International Festival is one of the largest festivals in Memphis!
- Beale Street Music Festival has brought out top acts like the Avett Brothers, Cardi B, Panic at the Disco, and more star studded performers. The 2022 festivities are happening April 29th-May 1st, and y’all know we’ve already got the scoop on who’s taking the stage.
- The World Championship BBQ Cooking Contest is next in line! From May 11-14th, MIM is gathering some of the best grill masters so our city can see what they’ve got. From ribs to pork shoulders to wings, and everything in between, you’ll want to break out the stretchy pants for this one.
- And to do your body good after downing all that meat, the Great American River Run will get you on your feet on May 28th! Participants have the choice between the 5K, 10K, or Half Marathon that courses past historical landmarks and overlooks the Mighty Mississippi! Did we mention that there are fireworks and post-race food and beer available, plus a grand cash prize up for grabs?!
JUNE festivals in memphis
MEMPHIS ITALIAN FESTIVAL: JUNE 2-4
- Music, games, arts & crafts, and all of the Italian food you can eat, of course! Join hundreds of Memphians to enjoy the taste of Italy in the Bluff City for the first time in two years.
MEMPHIS PRIDE FEST: JUNE 2-5
- Y’all ready for the most colorful weekend of the year?! Memphis Pride Fest is coming our way, and they’re putting together a line-up of virtual and in-person events in celebration of being EXACTLY who you are!
MEMPHIS MARGARITA FESTIVAL: JUNE 4
- Our summer’s are hot, so you’ll need to cool down with a refreshing marg at Memphis Margarita Fest! Your ticket gets you entry and 12 samples from local faves who know how to take tequila to the next level. Food will also be available for purchase and cash-bar will be on site slinging full size sips.
CRAFT FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL: JUNE 5
- You won’t want to miss this culinary experience featuring a solid selection of craft food shops and restaurants! Benefitting Church Health, local and regional artisans are coming together to showcase eats and treats that you’ll definitely want to add to your charcuterie board. Plus they’ll be paired with wine, beer, and cider—so what more can you ask for?!
LE BON APPETIT: JUNE 11
- This one’s for the foodies! In support of Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, Le Bon Appétit brings together some of the nation’s most celebrated, culinary talent to treat your tastebuds to divine delicacies.
TRI-STATE BLACK PRIDE FESTIVAL: JUNE 16-19
Recognized as the official Black Pride of Memphis by the Center for Black Equity, TriState Black Pride doesn’t play when it comes to Pride Month programming!
The lengthy lineup of events features educational sessions, a job fair, a rooftop party, a free brunch… and that’s just one day! You’ve got a whole weekend to witness the people, purpose, and power of this organization.
BLUFF CITY BALLOON JAMBOREE: JUNE 17-19
- The sky at Shelby Farms Park with be filled with balloons as the the second annual Bluff City Balloon Jamboree takes off Father’s Day Weekend with a morning balloon launch, hot air balloon rides, carnival games, arts and crafts, live music, and more.
MEMPHIS VEGAN FESTIVAL: JUNE 18
- Once again, we ask, where the plant-based peeps at? Cynthia Daniels knew our local veg-heads needed another opportunity to gather. The Memphis Vegan Festival is like the Vegan Block Party, but bigger and better!
JUNETEENTH SHOP BLACK FESTIVAL: JUNE 19
- For the 3rd year in a row, this festival will shine a light on local Black culture—bringing the block party vibes with food trucks, live music, and vendors from all over the city.
MEMPHIS FLYER SUMMER MARKET: JUNE 25
- Join your fellow Memphians and take over the plaza at Crosstown Concourse for a fun day of shopping local, along with fun family activities and local beers on tap!
July Festivals in Memphis
Graceland 4th of July Celebration: July 1-4
- Celebrate Independence Day with some fireworks, BBQ, and some good old fashion rock ‘n’ roll with Elvis at the Guest House of Graceland Public Group on July 1 at 9AM- July 4th at 12pm.
Black Cream- Live From Studio A: July 12
- Wanna hear some groovy music by some groovy Memphians. Stax Museum of American Soul Music will be hosting some of your favorite Memphis musicians every Tuesday during the month of July. Nothing but the vibes!
Yo Gotti and Friends: Birthday Bash 8: July 15
- You don’t want to miss the hottest Birthday Bash of the summer at the FedExForum by one of many Memphis talented artists, YO GOTTI!!!!!
Lana j. at crosstown Arts: July 17
- Come and hear Lana J. bless us with her vocals. A young talented woman who attended Stax Music Academy which helped develop her music career.
Memphis Music is the Best Music
DREAMFEST WEEKEND 11: july 22-24
- In celebration of artistic collaboration, Dreamfest Weekend 11 is highlighting top-tier local talent, as an array of artists take to the Overton Park Shell stage to show off their skills.
It’s hot as hell, but you’re invited to cool down with some refreshing sips at the Memphis Summer Cocktail Festival.
august festivals in memphis
SOILD GOLD SOULSVILLE: August 4
- Get groovy with the music that has blessed Memphis since 1957 with all the wonderful records! Come join STAX as they have their SOLID GOLD SOULSVILLE! That brings the community together to kickoff the start of STAX Music Academy and the beginning of 2022/2023 school year
Summer Vendor Fest: August 6
- Wanna promote yourself and get your business out there? Then this is an event you definitely don’t want to miss! Summer Vendo Fest hosts an event where it’s all about professionalism and networking with each other.
CHICKEN & BEER FEST: AUGUST 6
- You’re invited to fill your belly with chicken and beer at the Liberty Bowl in support of Dorothy Day House.
ELVIS WEEK: AUGUST 9-17
- Get ready to bust out those blue suede shoes for one of the most notable celebrations of the year. Gather with Elvis fans from across the world for a week of concerts, panel discussions, dances, the annual candlelight vigil and more.
fedex st. jude championship: AUGUST 10-14
- It’s almost tee time! Gather with your local golf gang as the PGA tour’s best players take to the greens for a good cause during the Fedex St. Jude Championship! It all kicks off with the Soul-in-One Celebration on Wednesday, September 10th, where there will plenty of family-friendly fun before the playoffs begin.
grind city fest: august 26-27
The inaugural Grind City Fest is bringing bluegrass to the Bluff City’s Uptown neighborhood. Featuring a combination of local acts and Grammy-award-winning artists—plus plenty of blues and brews—it’s the optimal way to end your month with music.
The VIP experience will include the following:
2 day VIP early access
1 free beer per day
Exclusive taproom and patio access
A preferred viewing area
Private bar and restrooms
A limited edition laminate and tour poster
Complimentary Grind City Brewing Co. tastings
An expanded drink menu at the bar
SEPTEMBER Festivals in memphis
901 Day 2022: September 1
On a surface level, it’s the commemoration of an area code—but at it’s core, 901 Day monumentalizes Memphis, and most importantly the Memphians that have created the culture. Peep the guide to see how you can celebrate the “most breatiful land in the worl.”
Summer Nights Memphis: September 3-4
Y’all wanna talk about a full on Memphis family reunion. The Southern Heritage Classic has been bringing Black Memphis, and beyond, together since 1990—and the 32nd annual celebration will be no different. HBCU’s will gather, the right people will be on the grill, rivalry games will go down, and there’s even more where that comes from.
Your favorite local artists and makers invite you to mingle and forge for vintage finds at Arrow Creative.
Cooper Young Festival is in its 34th year of operation, and hasn’t missed a beat since its beginning. What better way to spend a day than wandering down Cooper St. in search of good eats, impressive street vendors, and local musicians as they provide the soundtrack to our city? Oh, and it’s free! Check out the hippest of the festivals in Memphis.
The Ultimate Cocktail Party in Memphis will feature a blend of the hottest sounds & the most lavish cuisine Memphis has ever seen.
If we missed any incredible spring or summer festivals in Memphis, let us know! After all, you're what makes up the Choose901 community.
MARCH festivals in memphis
silky o' sullivans st. patrick's day parade: march 12
Let the good times shamrock n’ roll at the Silky O’ Sullivan’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade. They’ve got marching bands, steppers, twirlers, floats and all sort of sights to see!
SNEAKFEST SNEAKER EXPO: MARCH 12
- Sneakfest is a space for sneaker heads to not only ball out on the latest and greatest kicks, but to meet, connect, learn, and make money moves all in the spirit of the culture. You don’t want to miss the greatest of the sneaker festivals in Memphis.
chalkfest: march 12
6th annual soulful food truck festival: march 13
Memphis Tequila Festival: March 26
- Hit up Court Square Park to feast on your two favorite “T” words. $25 bucks gets you 8 tequila tastings, free gift bags, access to local and national taco offerings, cigars, and more. Are there any better tequila festivals in Memphis? We think not.
APRIL festivals in memphis
vintage food & wine fest: april 2 & 3
- Vintage901 is celebrating it’s 6th anniversary with a two days full of spring festivities featuring the best in wine, food, and music to celebrate community, culture, and purpose—and benefit Arts Memphis, a local nonprofit organization that sustains and strengthens local communities through the arts.
3RD ANNUAL RIVER CITY JAZZ FESTIVAL: APRIL 2
- The River City Jazz Festival at the Cannon Convention Center will feature the following acts with sensational, syncopated rhythms: Eric Benet, After 7, Kenny Lattimore, Gerald Albright, Julian Vaughn and Joe Johnson.
Vegan Block Party: April 9
- Where the plant-based peeps at? It’s your time to shine! The Vegan Block Party will feature all the eats a proper veg-head would appreciate, plus vendors who specialize in creating plant based health & beauty products, clothing and accessories. Pack up your crew and join one of the healthiest festivals in Memphis.
FARM TO TABLE FESTIVAL: APRIL 16
- In an effort to promote the use of local farm products by Tennesee craft brewers, breweries from across the state will gather with farmers, food truck vendors, and more to host a day full of unlimited samples and entertainment.
SHELBY FOREST SPRING FESTIVAL: APRIL 16
- In need of a nature day? Make your way to Meeman Shelby Forest State Park where you’ll be surrounded by wildlife all the while enjoying live music, arts & crafts vendors, cultural exhibits, food, and more.
420 fest at grind city brewing: april 20
- Make your way out to Grind City Brewing Company to elevate your senses with Ounce of Hope! There’ll be plenty of vendors, entertainment, and featured food options on deck to help you keep the good times rolling.
MEMPHIS FASHION WEEK: APRIL 22 & 23
- The annual MFW puts a spotlight on the exceptional talent and swagger that exists in this city as emerging designers, established local talent, and major designers from other parts of the country put together a packed itinerary of runway shows, special events, and some sought-after VIP shopping opportunities. Check out the most fashionable of the festivals in Memphis.
TASTE THE RARITY: APRIL 23
- Enjoy four hours of unlimited drinking as Wiseacre keeps Memphis weird by hosting a festival dedicated to the wildest and best beers.
RAJUN CAJUN CRAWFISH FESTIVAL: APRIL 24
- You’re invited to munch on as many mudbugs as you want as Porter Leath celebrates 29 years of its Rajun Cajun Crawfish Festival.
ART IN THE LOOP: APRIL 29-MAY 1
- Make your way to the Ridgeway Loop where photographers, painters, jewelers, metalsmiths and more will be showcasing their original creations that could be yours.