One of the greatest things we can do during the holiday season is GIVE. Meeting the needs of others not only benefits them, it also benefits YOU! It increases social connections, releases endorphins, can reduce blood pressure, and can be just plain FUN.
Our friends over at Memphis Athletic Ministries (MAM) are pros at giving. They provide year-round mentoring programs for youth (8-18) at eight centers in disadvantaged neighborhoods across Memphis. They partner with families, schools, and other organizations to provide a nurturing environment, mentoring groups, organized sports, and more while they address the physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs of youth.
- You allow parents to select their own gifts for their children
- Provide hope for families
- Provide a platform to spread the Good News of King Jesus
The MAM Christmas store is closing its “doors” on December, 10th.
Here’s what you can do to support the MAM Christmas Store:
- Donate money. MAM is trying to raise $15,000 so every dollar counts!
- Buy gifts. Check out their website for specific gifts you can give. You can purchase a single gift like a video game or an outfit.
- Sponsor a child. You can sponsor an a child’s entire Christmas for $125.
- Sponsor a family. You can sponsor an entire family for $500.
Even if it’s just the $5 in change you found cleaning out your car, every dollar makes a difference. The MAM Christmas Store is more than a means for providing our children with toys and clothes. It is a platform for sharing!
We love you Memphis. We love you for your Grit but, mostly we love you for your giving. Let’s give big on this one!