Are you a mentor in Memphis? Do you want to be a mentor? Are you interested in learning more about mentorship? The Mentoring Matters Summit of Tennessee may just be the perfect conference for you, and it’s happening right here in Memphis May 12th-14th.
MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies is hosting its inaugural mentorship conference thanks to the support of the Memphis Grizzlies Foundation & MENTOR National. The summit will feature a hybrid conference experience, which will include 2 days of virtual conference sessions on May 12th & 13th, an in-person networking event on May 12th, and a youth-centric in-person experience “Youth Day” on May 14th.
make an impact with Mentorship by highlighting Youth Voice
The theme of this year’s conference is “Youth Voice: The Sound of a Bright & Just Future”—with a focus to encourage, inspire and celebrate youth voices through an equity and social justice lens.
In hosting the inaugural Mentoring Matters Summit, MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies aims to:
- Provide educational opportunities for mentors & mentees, community members, and business leaders on their responsibility in encouraging and promoting social justice through mentoring and volunteerism
- Provide a platform for Tennessee youth to display their leadership and knowledge around various community issues
- Spark inspiration in youth who do not feel equipped and empowered to take on leadership roles within their community
- Provide mentoring, youth voice, social justice & DEI focused learning opportunities and resources to affiliate members of MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies Network and other summit attendees
- Engage youth serving organizations across the state of TN and around the Mid-south area to help increase the quality of mentoring services within our region
- Demonstrate the power of collaboration and collective impact by involving various nonprofit and for-profit businesses within the Mid-south Area
Hear from Keynote Speaker:
David Shapiro, CEo of Mentor National
MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies (MMG) is an affiliate of MENTOR National, the unifying champion for expanding quality mentoring relationships in the United States.
MMG serves as a clearinghouse for training, resources, awareness, and advocacy, providing the critical link between MENTOR’s national efforts and local organizations
and programs that foster and support quality mentoring relationships.