Looking for somewhere to take your furry best friend, or visiting Memphis and need somewhere that will let your four-legged pal stay the night? Check out this list of pet-friendly places that will love you and your pup.
- City of Memphis Dog Park – Take your pup to Memphis’ first dog park near the Memphis City Schools Board of Education on Avery. The park is divided into areas for dogs over and under 25 lbs and provides biodegradable waste bags and benches to relax to accommodate owners’ needs.
- The Outback at Shelby Farms Park – While Shelby Farms welcomes dogs all over the area, The Outback is 100 acres of land set aside for your canines to roam off-leash complimented by a doggie bowl and wash station. In addition to a dog-friendly expanse, The Outback also includes trails, lakes, and ponds and is frequented by cyclists, hikers, horses, and runners.
- Overton Bark – This 1.3 acre of enclosed land at Overton Park is open daily from dawn till dusk. The park includes water fountains, clean-up stations, separate areas for large and small dogs, and rustic log benches for owners to rest and chat with fellow dog lovers. Find out more about Overton Bark’s upcoming events on their Facebook here and on their events calendar here.
- Memphis River Parks– Memphis River Parks has plenty of areas for playtime with the pups. Between the Greenbelt, Mud Island, the Fouth Bluff, Big River, and MLK Park, downtown Memphis is a great destination for your dogs—or any animal, as long as they are leashed!
Pet Friendly Hotels:
- The Peabody Memphis – Downtown – 149 Union Ave
- The Westin – Downtown – 170 Lt. George W. Lee Ave – Pet must be 40 lbs and under
- Days Inn at Graceland – East Memphis – 3839 Elvis Presley Blvd – $20 fee per pet
- Staybridge Suites on Poplar – East Memphis – 1070 Ridge Lake Boulevard – $75 fee per pet, must be under 80 lbs
- Sheraton Memphis – Downtown – 250 N. Main St – must be under 80 lbs
- Residence Inn – Downtown – 110 Monroe Ave – $100 per pet
- Homewood Suites – Collierville – 3583 Hacks Cross Rd – $50 fee per pet, must be under 25 lbs
- The Memphian – Midtown (Overton Square) – 21 Cooper St – $75 pet fee
- The Guesthouse at Graceland – 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd – $50 pet fee, must be under 35 pounds
- Central Station Hotel– Downtown – 545 S Main St – $50 non-refundable deposit includes a welcome treat bag, use of water/food bowls and a bed if needed.
- Moxy Hotel – Downtown – 40 North Front Street –1 pet per room, 25 lbs max with $50 fee
- Arrive Hotel – Downtown – 477 S Main St – Dogs are welcome, but cannot be left alone in the room. No pet fee.
- Hyatt Centric Beale Street – Downtown – 33 Beale Street – Dogs weighing less than 50 lbs are welcome. Fees:1–6 nights: $100//7–30 nights: $200
View this post on Instagram
Pet Friendly Patios:
- Cheffie’s Cafe – all locations – Enjoy fresh salads and sandwiches on Cheffie’s outdoor patio. Water bowls and snacks are available upon request.
- Memphis Pizza Cafe – 2087 Madison Avenue – With outdoor seating behind the restaurant, you and your fellow dog lovers can enjoy pizza, calzones, salads, and more without leaving your pup behind.
- Celtic Crossing – 903 S. Cooper St – You and your dog can indulge in Sunday brunch on the patio with Irish pub food and live music.
- Central BBQ– 2249 Central Ave – Central’s large outdoor area in the front of their restaurant welcomes all BBQ lovers, four-legged or two-legged.
- Aldo’s– 100 S. Main St – Bring your canine and enjoy the slice of the day on the outdoor patio.
- Belly Acres– 2102 Trimble Pl – Choose from one of Belly Acre’s signature burgers or build your own burger, and enjoy the outdoor patio with your furry bestie.
- Babalu Tacos & Tapas – 2115 Madison Ave – In the outdoor lounge seating, both you and your pup can watch your waiter/waitress make table-side guac.
- South of Beale – 361 S. Main St – Known for their creative cocktails and fresh, eclectic bar food, South of Beale welcomes you and your pet.
- The Second Line – 2144 Monroe Ave – Sit outside with your po’boy and your pup to get a taste of New Orleans’ fare in the heart of Midtown.
- Elwood’s Shack – 4523 Summer Ave – With an outdoor park/picnic bench setup and an incredible selection of classic Southern American food such as sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, BBQ, and more, you and your dog will surely be feeling red, white, and blue at Elwood’s.
- Cafe Ole – 959 Cooper St – Enjoy the outdoor patio at this casual, Tex-Mex spot in the Cooper-Young District.
- Felicia Suzanne’s – 80 Monroe Ave – With a large, lit outdoor patio, both you and your dog can lounge comfortably while you enjoy the upscale Southern cuisine at Felicia Suzanne’s.
- Young Avenue Deli – 2119 Young Ave – Order one of the many, famous sandwiches and sneak a few bites to your pup.
- Railgarten – 2166 Central Ave – If your pup like outdoors spaces and live music, this is your place!
- Majestic Grille – 145 S. Main St – In the heart of South Main, Majestic offers great American food for you and people/trolley-watching opportunities for your pup.
- Slider Inn – 2117 Peabody Ave – As the name suggests, Slider Inn offers many mini-burgers, as well as many other classic bar food items to enjoy on their outdoor patio.
- Lost Pizza Co. – 2855 Poplar Ave – With the eclectic, patio strung lights plus great pizza, outdoor seating has never been more appealing.
- Otherland’s Coffee Bar – 641 South Cooper Street – With sandwiches, baked goods, and tons of coffee, Otherland’s is the perfect place to enjoy a sunny afternoon with your furry friend.
- Cafe Eclectic all locations – If you’re in downtown, midtown, or by the University of Memphis, Cafe Eclectic always welcomes pets on their outdoor patios (and service dogs inside as well).
- Loflin Yard & Carolina Watershed – 7 W Carolina// 141 E Carolina Ave – Enjoy crafted cocktails, a seasonal food menu, firepits, and music while your pup enjoys the spacious front yard or back yard.
- Mommas – 855 Kentucky St – Dirty Crow Inn offers 8 beers on draft, burgers and wings, TVs on the deck, and live music.
- Maximo’s on Broad – 2617 Broad Ave – The secluded patio offers shade while you enjoy crafted cocktails, beers on tap, soups, salads, and entrees served tapas style.
- Lunchbox Eats – 288 S 4th St – Enjoy some serious comfort food while you hang out on the patio. Protip: Try the daily lemonade.
- Crosstown Concourse – 1350 Concourse Ave – Crosstown Concourse is a pet friendly building with multiple pet friendly spots including Pizzeria Trasimeno’s patio, Farm Burger, French Truck Coffee, and more.
- Order a pint and some food truck fare while your pup enjoys the patio at any of our local taprooms:
- Ghost River Brewing Co – 827 South Main, Downtown
- Memphis Made Brewing Co – 768 S Cooper, Cooper Young
- High Cotton Brewing Co – 598 Monroe Ave, Downtown
- Wiseacre Brewing Co – 2783 Broad Ave, Binghampton// 398 S BB King Blvd, Downtown
- Crosstown Brewing Co – 1264 Concourse Ave, Crosstown
- Meddlesome Brewing Co – 7750 Trinity Rd, #114, Cordova
- Hampline Brewing Co. – 584 Tillman Street #1, Binghampton
- Grind City Brewing – 76 Waterworks Ave, Downtown
- Hammer & Ale – 921 S Cooper, Cooper Young
View this post on Instagram
Pamper Your Pup:
- Hollywood Feed – all locations available here – Hollywood Feed wants to supply your dog with food from the best ingredients. In addition to natural and holistic chow, they also supply toys, supplements, bakery treats, washing stations, and more.
- DAWG Team – 420 N Cleveland St – Need to grab a treat? Does your pup need a tux? Need to pop in for a quick wash-n-go? Dawg Team Apparel, USA will fix you right up!
- Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming – 714 N. Germantown Pkwy – Woof Gang’s goal is to provide the highest quality pet care for your pup, offering gourmet treats, healthy food, pet supplies, accessories, and grooming services.
- Three Dog Bakery – 2136 Poplar Ave – Three Dog Bakery only sells all-natural, fresh baked food and treats to help your dog live as happily and healthy as possible.
- Mutt Island – 320 Monroe Ave – Mutt Island is a doggy daycare located in the Edge District of Downtown Memphis. They have 10,000 square feet of indoor play areas and a 5,000 square foot fenced, outdoor, grassy play yard. They also offer boarding and full grooming services.
- River Dog Inn – 248 Court Ave – River Dog Inn is a luxury dog hotel that features huge daycare play yards and a spa in Downtown Memphis.
- Camp Bow Wow – 2121 Whitten Road – Camp Bow Wow is a doggy daycare that features indoor and outdoor play yards, live webcams so you can check in on your pups, “cozy cabins” for overnight stays and treats.
- Dogs Rule Day Care & School – 2265 Central Ave – Dogs Rule Day Care features three outdoor playgrounds, two indoor playrooms, treats, and training classes.
Looking to adopt? Find your next furry friend at one of these locations:
- Memphis Animal Services
- Humane Society of Memphis
- Real Good Dog Rescue
- Sunny Meadows
- Tails of Hope
- Memphis Pets Alive
See something missing? Let us know in the comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.