Indie Memphis knows that the female filmmakers of the Mid-South are talented AF, so they are giving away $5000 in grant money to one lucky lady!
The Women’s Short Film Grant will provide $5K in cash for one female director to produce a short film based in Memphis or surrounding counties.
So, if you’re from the following counties, you’ve got free cash up for grabs:
- Shelby County (Tennessee)
- DeSoto County (Mississippi)
- Crittenden County (Arkansas)
- Tipton County (Tennessee)
- Fayette County (Tennessee)
- Marshall County (Mississippi)
- Mississippi County (Arkansas)
Here are the rules:
- This opportunity is only available for women directors based in Memphis or surrounding counties.
- This grant is open for all genres and film categories.
- All production must take place in Shelby, DeSoto, Crittenden, Tipton, Fayette, Marshall, and/or Mississippi counties.
- It is strongly recommended that your submissions do not require additional fundraising after the amount given by this grant.
- Submissions should be for projects that do not plan to exceed 15 minutes in length.
- Principal photography should be completed within 120 days after the announcement of the awarded filmmaker.
- Filmmakers are to make one submission only.
- If you are submitting as a team, only one individual’s name should be listed as the director and primary applicant.