STATUS: Full-Time (3 Open Positions)
COMPENSATION: $16.57 per hour (based on 35 hours week)
General Purpose of Position:
Provide support in the daily operation of the site and works in unison with the Site Engagement Coordinator.
Assists in carrying out all programs and services at the site.
Should exhibit a pleasant demeanor with neighbors, agency representatives, and staff when performing daily tasks.
Should have a thorough knowledge of the Site-Based Services’ departmental policies and procedure manual.
Prepare the sites for programs by arranging the available office space to host the programs.
Aggressively recruit participants for adult and youth engagement activities and all other events. Recruiting includes physically knocking on tenant’s doors and letting them know about the programs that are available at the site and disseminating information to those specific tenants who match our programs and their needs.
Should be able to identify the needs of participants to maximize their optimal potential.
Performs home & neighbor engagement visitations using assigned assessments and tools (which includes observation of the home and identifying the critical needs, Case Management).
Learn and facilitate all youth engagement activities.
Maintain and input data for Compassionate services, adult and youth engagement programs and services.
Assist with maintaining an environment for learning during programs.
Maintain accurate office files for program participants.
Attend all departmental meetings, program planning sessions and site activities.
Input data for Compassionate services, adult and youth services.
Perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, 1 -2 years of college preferred
· Desire to work in urban ministry preferred.
· Must possess interpersonal skills to work with children and adults.
· Must have written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to demonstrate knowledge and use of MS Office Suite (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Interest in and ability to articulate the NCC Statement of Faith, Mission, and Values.
· Valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurance
· Occasional off-campus travel is required (Fundraising events, meetings, etc.)
· Indoor and outdoor activities subject to weather conditions
· Those without physical limitations may be asked to participate in games/events with students (which may include excessive walking, etc.)
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Neighborhood Christian Centers, Inc.