Salary: $18.36 per hour
Job Summary/Essential Job Functions: Under the direction of the Benefits Director, this position provides clerical support to the area of Benefits, Compensation and Employee Relations. This includes answering the main HR Benefits/ Administration line, greeting internal/external customers, providing general support and information for internal/external customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews, verifies and signs employee educational assistance requests.
2. Serves as point of contact for employees to assist in resolving any educational assistance issues or problems.
3. Processes/reconciles billing after each semester.
4. Collects outstanding balances from employees who violate the Certificate of Intent.
5. Maintains a filing system for educational assistance forms.
6. Assists compensation and human resources administration as needed.
7. Answers main Benefits line, greeting internal/external clients, providing general. information on benefits to customers or directing customers to appropriate personnel.
8. Assists Benefits Team during annual Fairs and Seminars or training sessions
9. Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION: HS Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years’ experience working in a business or educational setting with at least six (6) months in an office environment OR an Associate’s Degree or one (1) year of college coursework will be accepted in lieu of experience. Experience with detail-oriented work involving some mathematical computations. This position requires excellent word processing skills, knowledge of email and attachments, spreadsheet knowledge helpful. Polished written and verbal communications skills are a must. TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED IF EDUCATION IS USED TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic HR knowledge Excellent office administration skills (filing, sorting, copying, etc).
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate cooperation, courtesy, and consideration when working with others.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated capability to work with all levels of employees, management, and outside vendors.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and co-workers.
University of Tennessee Health Science Center