Works under general supervision of the Codes Enforcement Senior Inspector to make inspections to enforce and/or ensure conformance to Codes of Memphis and Shelby County Code Enforcement.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs field inspections according to inspection procedures and codes.
2. Investigates and answers complaints.
3. Recommends corrective actions regarding Code violations.
4. Documents inspections approval or denial utilizing assigned technical equipment.
5. Uses assigned technical equipment to input and retrieve information.
6. Performs other related duties as required or directed.
1. Thorough understanding and knowledge of applicable related codes and ordinances.
2. Ability to make decisions and tactfully interact with general public.
3. Ability to perform field inspections and investigations when required.
4. General computer usage experience and skills.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
6. Knowledge of the general permit issuance structure.
1. Must possess a valid Tennessee driver’s license or secure one by date of employment.
2. Must pass a physical examination.
Shelby County Government