Working with a diverse group of partners and stakeholders, the Science Fellow will assist with POA’s strategic goals to promote contamination remediation and build water advocates. This position is part-time, remote, and paid a monthly stipend between $750-1,200 per month depending on education and experience.
● Inform the public of Aquifer threats by translating technical science into laymen’s terms
● Perform file reviews for Superfund sites and remediation sites in Shelby County
● Support the creation of a remediation dashboard for the POA website
● Work with Communications Fellow in development of fact sheets on key Aquifer issues
● Develop list cycle and reminders for permit comment periods – toxic release inventory,
Superfund sites, landfills
● Engage in coalition meetings and respond to action items
● Other duties as assigned
● Interest and commitment to learning about the Memphis Sand Aquifer.
● Ability to conduct research and review technical reports.
● Strong writing skills.
● Open to all majors and disciplines but preference for engineering, earth science, environmental
science, and regional planning majors.
● Open to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
● Ability to work remotely with one day in-person weekly.
How to Apply
● Please provide a one-page cover letter describing your experience and interest in our mission and a resume.
● Send to Contact@protectouraquifer.org with the subject line “Application for Science Fellow”.
● The deadline is August 20, 2022 at 11:59pm.
Protect Our Aquifer