Position Description: Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Memphis, TN
Founded in 2015, CodeCrew is creating diversity and inclusion in computing through education, workforce development, and advocacy.
Since our founding, CodeCrew has taught coding and computer science to nearly 10,000 unique K-12 youth, while mentoring them to pursue college, career, and entrepreneurship. Our K-12 curriculum includes teaching kids to build mobile apps, websites, and video games, as well as building and programming robots and drones. Additionally, CodeCrew trains teachers to teach computer science and advocates for public policy that promotes computer science education for K-12 students.
Beyond K-12, CodeCrew launched its Code School in 2018 to serve adults of all ages through a bootcamp-style curriculum that readies them for entry-level software engineering positions. Placed graduates of the Code School average starting full-time salaries over $55,000 per year.
Annual Revenues: $2+ million
For more information, please visit www.code-crew.org.
CodeCrew is seeking an experienced Director of Development to lead the organization’s fundraising and grant-seeking efforts. The ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully securing major gifts and grants for nonprofit organizations, as well as experience building and managing a development team.
● Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan to support CodeCrew’s strategic goals and annual budget
● Identify and cultivate local and national relationships with major donors, foundations, and corporate partners to secure financial support
● Identify and pursue funding opportunities through grant research, proposal writing, and relationship building with foundation and corporate funders, including submitting grant proposals, managing grant deadlines, and reporting on grant outcomes
● Build and maintain strong relationships with individual donors, including developing and implementing a donor stewardship program
● Plan and execute fundraising events and campaigns, leveraging both traditional and digital marketing channels
● Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with donors, partners, and stakeholders
● Manage and mentor a small team of development professionals
● Collaborate with the Executive Director and board of directors to develop and implement an effective donor stewardship program
● Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor and prospect information in the organization’s donor management system
● Ability and willingness to travel, if necessary
● Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in nonprofit management, business administration, or related field; Master’s degree, a strong plus
● Minimum of 5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, with a proven track record of securing major gifts and grants
● Experience managing a team of development professionals
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong project management and organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines
● Proficiency with donor management software and the Google and Microsoft Office suites
● Passion for CodeCrew’s mission to provide quality computer science education and career pathways to underrepresented students
CodeCrew offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, 401(k), and professional development opportunities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. CodeCrew is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Please note: This job description is subject to change to best suit the needs of the organization.