Ballet Memphis is seeking qualified applicants for the position of School & Programs Receptionist.
In its 36th season, Ballet Memphis is one of the nation’s most celebrated professional ballet companies.
The Ballet Memphis professional company produces four mainstage productions a season at various local
performing venues, including the historic Orpheum Theatre, as well as smaller performances throughout
the year at Ballet Memphis studios and in the community. Ballet Memphis attract audiences of 25,000+
annually, has a School with over 300 enrolled students, and Pilates + Wellness programs that sees
hundreds of clients weekly. The organization also engages thousands annually through its Community
Impact programs. Ballet Memphis’s mission is to reveal and celebrate the universality of the human
experience through dance.
The School & Programs Receptionist provides outstanding customer service to students, parents, patrons
and staff and acts as an ambassador for the Ballet Memphis School and its community programming. This
position is part-time and reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. This position works Ballet Memphis
School hours which are afternoons and evenings Monday through Friday, as well as Saturday mornings,
currently scheduled for August through May. As a seasonal position, other hours and days will be
required as needed.
• Greets parents, students, program clients and guests as they enter the building
• Answers phones and general inquiries
• Works with the security guard to supervise during student drop off and pick up
• Serves as an information resource for our school families and other guests
• Performs other administrative tasks as assigned
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including an positive, optimistic attitude
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Consistent reliability in attendance and job performance
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish highly preferred
Ballet Memphis works to sustain an environment that is consciously inclusive of all races, ages, religions,
sexual identities, gender expressions, and abilities. We renounce racism as well as any other system or
structure that perpetuates exclusion and causes harm. Our excellence derives from our diversity, and we
commit to continuously challenging ourselves as well as old ideas and outdated norms that hinder the
full celebration of our collective humanity.
Qualified and interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and references to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “School & Programs Receptionist” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.