The Stax Museum of American Soul Music will host the Tennessee Arts Commission today (January 13t)h for the last of 4 strategic planning public meetings held around the state. An earlier meeting date of December 9th was canceled due to inclement weather.
The meeting will take place from 1-3pm with networking and entertainment from 3pm-3:30pm by students from the Stax Music Academy.
The meeting will feature a distinguished panel that includes:
- Bob Loeb, President, Loeb Properties, Memphis
- Gretchen Wollert McLennon, Program Director, Authentic Assets and Communications, Hyde Foundation, Memphis
- Tim Sampson, Communications Director, Soulsville Foundation, Memphis
- Patsy Camp, TN Arts Commission Member, West Tennessee Healthcare Foundation Member and Jackson Arts Council Past President
- The panel will be moderated by Ann Coulter, Principal, A. Coulter Consulting, Chattanooga
The panel will discuss how the arts can move Tennessee communities forward and will specifically look at how the arts can improve economic development and contribute to the educational success of children.
Stax is located at 926 E. McLemore Ave., Memphis, TN 38106. The contact phone is 901-942-7685.