The Rev and World Relief Memphis are partnering together this June for World Refugee Day.
World Refugee Day is coming up on June 20th and you’re invited to join in several events taking place throughout the day:
- When: June 20th, 11:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Where: 771 E Brookhaven Circle, Memphis, TN 38117
Schedule of events:
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm: Join a Drop In Jewelry Making Party!
- $25 paper bead necklace
- $35 Stamped Cuff
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Showing of “Salam Neighbor“
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Jewelry Bar will be open where the craftswomen of Ekata Jewelry will design and create custom jewelry pieces
- You’ll also be able to enjoy fresh coffee, tea, Sudanese food, and give-back shopping options.
The Rev launched in 2014 to work directly with global artisans, through their partnership with Be Free Revolution, to empower men and women with handmade trades and couple that with feeding and education programs in the poor communities of Africa. The Rev also works with other like-minded organizations to sell trades that are employing men and women globally and locally. World Relief Memphis launched in 2012 and is the only refugee resettlement agency in Memphis. They work with refugees to get job placement, driving licenses, language study, and more.