The Wolf River Conservancy is going to host five public workshops in five Memphis neighborhoods on five different days to bring to each community information about the Wolf River Greenway project and for you to share your ideas for the project.
You have the chance to attend one of the workshops closest to you. Workshops will cover the same information at each location. You can drop-in from 5 pm – 8 pm at each location seen below.
- October 20 in Downtown Memphis at The Office at Uptown, 594 N 2nd St.
- October 21 in North Memphis at Hollywood Community Center, 1560 N. Hollywood
- October 22 in Frayser at Ed Rice Community Center, 2907 N. Watkins
- October 27 in Raleigh at Raleigh Community Center, 3678 Powers Rd
- October 28 in East Memphis at Bert Ferguson Community Center, 8505 Trinity Road
The Wolf River Greenway will extend more than 30 miles along the Wolf River from downtown Memphis through Germantown and Collierville. This greenway will provide an area of protected green space alongside the river for Memphians to enjoy by becoming connected to other surrounding communities, promote a healthy lifestyle, and improve the quality of life for neighborhoods around the river. With many access points, you will be able to experience both the natural beauty of the wetlands and forests and the local shops and cafes along the route. The path will also connect with other natural trails including the Shelby Farms Greenline which will link this greenway with Shelby Farms, the largest urban park in the country.