First Tennessee is celebrating 25 years of giving back to communities in Memphis through their charitable foundation by hosting a grant contest for local nonprofits.
There are 25 grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 up for grabs. To enter the contest, First Tennessee is asking nonprofits to share a short video about how their Foundation has partnered or could partner with their organization. No need to worry about super sleek production. Videos produced using a smartphone are acceptable – are actually preferred, and only need to be 60 seconds or less.
The videos will go through a public voting process, and the resulting top 25 will go before a panel of celebrity judges to determine the award amounts.
Submissions are open now and the deadline to enter is August 1st.
Review the details below, then go to the 25 Years of Giving website to get started.
The 25 Years of Giving Video Contest is open to any 501c3 organization that is eligible to receive funding from our foundation. Ineligible organizations include political, solely religious, social and fraternal nonprofits. Videos can only be submitted by an eligible organization’s representative and only one submission will be accepted per organization. The contest is subject to all federal laws and regulations.
AREAS OF GIVING
- Arts & Culture: Promoting excellence and enrichment in the arts
- Education & Leadership: Educating, developing the next generation of leaders
- Environment: A more sustainable tomorrow, future
- Financial Literacy: Investing in the financial future
- Health & Human Services: Improving the well-being of our communities
- Organization’s submission must highlight how it has partnered with or could partner with our foundation to strengthen our communities.
- All submissions must be original work by the organization and/or its representatives.
- All submissions must be no longer than 60 seconds.
- Videos produced using a smartphone are acceptable – and actually preferred.
- Only one submission per organization.
Deadline to enter: Aug. 1, 2018 no later than midnight CST.
Round 1: Public voting – Aug. 15 – 31, 2018 – Top 25 videos with the most votes will be reviewed by a panel of celebrity judges.
Round 2: Celebrity judges – Sept. 5 – 19, 2018 – Judges will select winning videos; organizations with winning videos will receive cash prizes ranging from $5,000 to $25,000. A total of up to $250,000 will be awarded.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- Aug. 1, 2018: Submission Deadline
- Aug. 15, 2018: Public voting begins
- Aug. 31, 2018: Public voting ends
- Sept. 5-19, 2018: Panel of judges select winners
- October 1, 2018: Winners announced