March Madness is here! We’ve got a list for where to watch some of the most anticipated games while enjoying drink and food specials.
With a huge projection screen, an impressive list of draft beer, and late night food, this staple midtown bar is a great place to drink and watch the game with fellow sports fans.
- Next Door – Cooper Young
- 937 Cooper St
- Mon – Wed: 3pm-10pm, Thurs & Fri: 3pm-12am, Sat: 11am-12am, Sun: 11am -10pm
Next Door offers craft beer, bourbon & eclectic comfort food with a Southern twist.
For those sticking near campus, Ubee’s is a college area bar with a wide variety of drink specials throughout the week, burgers, and of course sports fans.
- Brookhaven Pub – East Memphis
- 695 W Brookhaven Cir
- Open 11am-2am
One of the most popular bars in East Memphis will be playing the games throughout the bar and on their patio. They have drink specials from 4PM to 7PM.
With tiny hamburgers, their famous Jameson Slushies, and a patio twice the size of the restaurant itself, Slider Inn is a great place to enjoy the weather and the games, whether outside or in.
- The Rec Room – Binghampton
- 3000 Broad Ave
- Mon – Thurs: 4pm-12am, Fri: 4pm-2am, Sat: 12pm-2am, Sun: 12pm-12am
This arcade styled bar will be playing the games on their 5 giant projector screens. They will also be offering drink specials during the later games. What’s better than playing video games while watching basketball?
- Local Gastropub – Midtown/Downtown
- 2126 Madison Ave/ 95 S. Main St.
- Open 11am-3am
Both the downtown and midtown Local locations will be showing the games on their TV. Happy hour is from 4pm-7pm.
One of Memphis’ most prominent watering holes, all of the Huey’s locations will be playing the game as well as having their regular happy hour specials.
With great pizza, a great beer selection, and plenty of TVs, Aldo’s is one of the more laid-back places to watch the games with a wide selection of local beers available. Daily slice specials available. Check out the rooftop patio at the midtown whle you’re there.
- Loflin Yard – Downtown
- 7 W Carolina Ave
- Friday: 4pm-1am, Sat: 11:30am-1am, Sun: 11:30am-10pm, Wed-Thurs: 4pm-11pm
Loflin Yard will be showing all games in the Coach House.
- Alex’s Tavern – North Memphis
- 1445 Jackson Ave
Alex’s Tavern is a hidden gem when it comes to watching local sports games. Great burgers and ribs available.
- Newby’s – University District
- 539 S Highland St.
- Daily 11am-3am
Newby’s offers plenty of local brews, full food menu, large TVs, and happy hour specials.
- Wiseacre Taproom – Binghampton
- 2783 Broad Ave
- Thu to Fri 4pm – 9pm; Sat 1pm – 9pm
Wiseacre has new brews on tap and food trucks on site. Keep up with their daily schedule here.
- Celtic Crossing Irish Pub & Restaurant – Cooper Young
- 903 Cooper St.
- Mon through Sun: 11am-3am
Celtic boasts eight TVs, some of which are outside on the patio. Enjoy a tall glass of Guinness and an authentic irish menu.
- Ghost River Taproom – Downtown
- 827 S Main St
- Wed – Sat: 4pm-10:30pm, Sun: 12am-9pm
Ghost River has food trucks on site and several TVs for watching games.
- The Bluff – University District
- 535 South Highland
- Open 11am-3am daily
The Bluff features two downstairs bars, a balcony with a bar, a full food menu, cocktails, local beers on tap, and plenty of TVs.