Whether you’re wanting to exercise, take a stroll, or sip on a cold brew, Memphis is full of opportunities to get outside. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite ways to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Hop on a bike – With more than 60 miles of bike lanes, the Greenline, and an upcoming bike share program, hoping on two wheels is a great way to get outside and see a lot of the city.
- Use your own two feet – If biking isn’t your thing, there are numerous hiking trails around town, and groups available to keep you motivated.
- Outdoors fitness – If hitting the gym is more your style, try taking your workout routine outside.
Have some fun or pick up a new hobby outdoors. If you don’t want to be even remotely active, sit back and enjoy a patio or catch an outdoors concert.
- Go Ape at Shelby Farms Park
- Go for a trail ride at Shelby Farms Park Stables
- Go Skating at Memphis Skate Park
- Play Disc golf:
- Enjoy the Mississippi River
- Go Fishing:
- Go camping:
- Lounge on one of the Bluff City’s patios
- Listen to some music
Getting outside and exploring the town is one of the best ways to connect with the city. Besides taking in the popular tourist attractions, you should also try:
- Enjoying the art
- Smelling the roses
- Learning about wildlife at the Memphis Zoo
For the little ones:
Many of the activities on this list are family friendly, but these parks are sure to excite young ones.
- Cool down
- Let loose at a Playground
- Go to a corn maze or pumpkin patch
For your furry friends:
Who’s to say you and your pooch can’t enjoy some quality outdoors time together and see the city?