Happy Veteran’s Day Memphis. We celebrate and appreciate those who have served and continue to serve.
Here are a few events going on around town:
- Covington: The Veterans Day parade starts at 10am.
- Overton Park: The Memphis Area Chapters of the Daughters of the American Revolution will have a wreath-laying ceremony and Veterans Day program at 11 a.m. at the Doughboy Statue in Overton Park.
- Downtown: The 2013 Veterans Day parade will include veterans, military personnel and folks flying American flags along the parade route. The parade begins at 10 a.m. on Second Street at Exchange. The parade will head south on Second Street, turn east on Monroe Avenue, and end at Third Street.
- Memphis National Cemetery: There will be a ceremony to honor fallen veterans at 11 a.m. at Memphis National Cemetery, 3568 Townes.
- West Tennessee Veterans Cemetery: There will be a 21-gun salute at 2 p.m. at the cemetery at 4000 Forest Hill-Irene. Patriotic music and speeches will be heard.
- Bartlett: The city of Bartlett will honor veterans during a ceremony at 10am at Veterans Park at the corner of Bartlett Boulevard and Bartlett Road.
Specials and Discounts:
- Huey’s Restaurant: Half-off meals all day long with a valid military ID and/or uniform
- Blues City Cafe: Serving free lunch for vets until 2 pm. Must show valid military ID.
- Memphis Escape Rooms: Take $5 off tickets purchased for use on 11-11-15. Use code “VeteransDay2015” at checkout
- Memphis Mojo Cafe: Offers 15% off total bill with military ID every day.
- McDonald’s: All proceeds from coffee sold at locations in Munford, Ripley and Covington will help build a Veterans Care Home in West Tennessee
- Blue’s City Cafe: Complimentary meal 11am-2pm with valid ID
- MATA will honor all those who have served our country with free rides on all fixed route busses, MATAplus and the downtown trolley. More info here.
- Chili’s: Offering a free meal to all Vets with a valid ID.
- Denny’s: Serving a free Build Your Own Grand Slam breakfast to all veterans on November 11th from 5am to 12pm.
- Applebee’s: Free meal to all Vets with a valid ID.
- Krispy Kreme Free Doughnut & Coffee: Offering a free doughnut and small coffee to all those served or currently are serving. Proof of military service required or those in uniform. Only at participating locations.
- Olive Garden Free Meal: All veterans and military active duty will receive a free meal from a special menu on Veterans Day. Also, all November current military service members and their families get 10% off in honor of Military Appreciation Month.
- Edmund Orgill Golf Course: Mid-South veterans are being offered a free round of golf. Veterans must have military ID or proof of military service to walk the course for free or pay a $11 cart fee on Veterans Day. It opens at 7 a.m. and closes at dusk. For more information, call (901) 872-3610.
See something we missed? Let us know in the comments!