Pitch your idea, form your team, and launch your tech-based company this weekend at Start Co.’s 48-Hour Tech Launch!
On Friday night, Memphis entrepreneurs, students, and professionals will get two minutes to pitch their unique tech-based business ideas to a crowd of innovators. The most popular ideas will be selected and teams will enter a 48-hour development phase to turn their idea into a viable business model.
- When: Friday, November 10th through Sunday, November 12th
- Where: Ground Floor – Service Master (150 Peabody Place)
- Cost: Free!
With the help of mentors and resources from Start Co., teams will learn how to use a business model canvas, effectively pitch their business model, conduct market research and customer discovery, and more. At the end of the 48 hours, teams will pitch to a panel of investors who will select the finalists! Competitors whose business ideas do not advance past the first round will have the opportunity to learn better pitching strategies and present again on Saturday for a chance to win $125 in prizes!
- 1st Place Prize
- $500 cash
- Two $50 Amazon gift cards
- Two $50 Starbucks gift cards
- 2nd Place Prize
- Four pairs Monster Beats by Dr. Dre IBeats in-ear headphones
- Two $25 Amazon gift cards
- Two $25 Starbucks gift cards
To compete, all you need is an innovative tech idea and the drive to see it succeed! With Start Co.’s help, anyone can be an entrepreneur. If you’re more interested in applying your skills to an existing idea, then join a team after the initial round of pitching and contribute to the development and creativity needed for the companies of tomorrow to grow today.
At the 48-Hour Tech Launch, most companies will be starting from the ground up, and they need marketers, lawyers, accountants, graphic designers, developers, and UX specialists. In short, they need you! For the whole weekend, Start Co. will provide space to collaborate, meals, and plenty of coffee! Check out the full schedule below.
48-Hour Tech Launch Schedule:
- 6:00 PM – Registration Opens
- 6:30 PM – Dinner
- 7:00 PM – Pitches Begin
- 7:30 PM – Teams Form
- 8:30 AM – Breakfast
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM – Introduction to Pitching & Customer Discovery Workshop
- 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Business Model Canvas & Business Development Workshop
- 12:00 PM – Lunch
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Mentors Available
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM – Pitch Competition
- 6:00 PM – Dinner & Check-In
- 9:00 AM – Breakfast
- 12:00 PM – Lunch
- 1:00 PM – Pitch Decks Due
- 2:00 PM – Final Pitches Begin
- 3:30 PM – Judging & Awards
- 4:30 PM – Clean Up & Go Home