Soon, the Advance Memphis warehouse just off of Vance Avenue will be transformed into a gallery for one night, jam-packed with art of all sizes and prices. Sales benefit Advance Memphis, an organization that has worked for almost 20 years to empower Memphians through job training and placement.
This event is eight years old, and each year has added more fun and great art. Art for Jobs takes place Thursday, September 27th, from 5:30-8:00pm. Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free. No kidding. No tickets or admission fee! Just come mix and mingle, enjoy the art, snack a little, and go home with something beautiful.
- There are HUNDREDS of pieces of art from dozens of artists. Many artists are new to the event this year, and the show and sale will feature a range of sizes and prices. There are three featured artists whose work is exhibited and collected nationally. Check out Terry Lynn, EMYO, and Chuck Johnson.
- You’ll learn something. If you’re interested in community development or workforce training, come ready to be inspired. Experience the Advance Memphis space and learn how their unique training and nonprofit staffing service changes lives through work, sip coffee and learn how I Have a Bean Coffee provides post-prison opportunities through coffee roasting, and buy a mug and learn about Belltower Artisans’ vision for craft and community building.
- You’ll hear something…OPERA! 30 Days of Opera usually makes an appearance at Art for Jobs, and word on the street is that some of Memphis’ most talented voices will bring the pop up magic again this year! Other live music will continue throughout the evening.
- Parking really CAN be fun! And there’s plenty of it across the street from the warehouse – but the FREE valet service being generously donated by Triumph Bank is even MORE fun, so enjoy it!