Memphis has plenty of amazing ways to enjoy this city if you’re not yet of legal age. Check out the list below:
Listen to Free Music at the Levitt Shell
Each summer, the Levitt Shell offers live music every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Pack dinner and a blanket and head over with friends to enjoy the sunset, music, and good company. Click here to see the lineup for upcoming shows.
Watch a movie with friends at an outdoor theater
Summer is the perfect time for watching movies outside. So if you’re tired of the typical movie theater experience, try out these options. Pack up the car, plan a potluck of movie essentials with friends, and enjoy!
- Free Movie Nights at Carriage Crossing – Enjoy free movies with friends, and feel free to take chairs and coolers.
- Beale Street Landing – In June and July, Beale Street Landing will host free movie nights on Tuesdays. Bring your friends but leave coolers and pets at home.
- See more unique ways to watch movies here
Bike the Shelby Farms Park Greenline
The Greenline offers 6.5 miles of urban trails through Memphis – a healthy way to enjoy explore Memphis. Park your bike and take a break at one of the restaurants along the way. Go here for more info.
Ride Horses at Shelby Farms Park
Horseback riding is just one of the many activities offered in the largest urban park in America. If you’re looking to escape city life for an afternoon, schedule a lesson or a ride the trails at Shelby Farms. Click here for more information on pricing.
Test Your Wits at an Escape Room
Put your problem-solving skills to the test – with only one hour, try to crack the code, find the key, and escape one of Memphis’s escape rooms. With plenty of scenarios to choose from, you’ll never grow bored. Reserve your rooms below.
Cool off with a Treat from Jerry’s Sno Cones or La Michoacana
Whether you’re looking for a popsicle, ice cream, a snow cone, or both, a visit to either of these two local favorites is sure to fix your craving. La Michoacana offers unique flavors such as avocado and corn as well as classics such as Dulce de Leche. Protip: Jerry’s is cash only.
Take an Art Class at the Five In One Social Club
The Five in One Social Club offers unique creative workshops for artists and non-artists alike. Some upcoming classes include creating wine bottle glasses, paper flowers, leather bracelets, and stained glass sun catchers. Look forward to their new expansion in the future.
Shop for Vintage Finds
Spend an afternoon getting lost in one of Memphis’s vintage stores. Whether you’re looking for something specific or just want to explore decades of trends, you can find it here in Memphis. Check out Flashback Inc., Found Memphis, Broken Arrow, Red Velvet Vintage, or many of the thrift stores on Summer Ave.
Play Lasertag and Putt-Putt
Compete for the winning score at Putt-Putt’s 6,000 square feet space, and engage in battle at the two-level Lasertron area. While you’re there, race go karts, try out the batting cages, and of course, play putt putt golf. Click here for more info.
Go to a Festival
Memphis has an abundance of festivals every year. While some of the festivals are for 21+, many of them offer activities for festival goers of all ages. Read up on our Ultimate Guide to Memphis Festivals.
- Get RiverFit
- Bike to Dinner
- Take a Memphis Running Tour
- Go Ape at Shelby Farms Park
- Join a free Breakaway run
- Kayak or canoe down the Mississippi
- Take a yoga class
- See Memphis for free
- Memphis Culture Crawl
- Try a new restaurant, Donut shop, Coffee shop, or patio
- Take a free walking tour with Jimmy Ogle
- Start your Memphis photo bucket list
- Where to See and Create Art
- Find all the Memphis murals
Learn about Memphis music
- Take a tour at Sun Studio, Stax, the Blues Hall of Fame, Memphis Music Hall of Fame, the Rock n Soul Museum, the Center for Southern Folklore, and the Gibson Guitar Factory
- Get a new record at Goner Records or Shangri-La.
Invest in Memphis
Memphis is full of so many people doing great work. Check out some of these local orgs and get involved. Find even more invest opportunities here.