Under 21? Memphis was made for you, too.
Whether you’re planning a girls night, a date night, a birthday party, or looking to chill solo, there’s tons of ways to enjoy the city.
Here are the Top Things to Do:
Each summer, the Overton Park Shell (formerly the Levitt Shell) offers live music every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Pack dinner and a blanket and head over with friends to enjoy the sunset, music, and good company. Check out their lineup of events.
Watch a movie with friends at an outdoor theater.
Summer is the perfect time for watching movies outside. So if you’re tired of the typical movie theater experience, try out these options. Pack up the car, plan a potluck of movie essentials with friends, and enjoy!
- Overton Park Square: This is a one stop shop. Eat dinner, grab some treats, and check out their lineup of outdoor movies.
- Malco Summer Quartet Drive-In – Can’t get better than a night cozied up with friends in the back of a van watching the latest movie, eating burgers, and laughing until the wee hours of the morning.
The Greenline offers over 10 miles of urban trails through Memphis – a healthy way to enjoy explore Memphis. Park your bike and take a break at one of the restaurants along the way.
Horseback riding is just one of the many activities offered in Shelby Farms, the largest urban park in America. If you’re looking to escape city life for an afternoon, schedule a lesson or a ride the trails.
Put your problem-solving skills to the test – with only one hour, try to crack the code, find the key, and escape one of Memphis’s escape rooms. With plenty of scenarios to choose from, you’ll never grow bored. Reserve your rooms below.
Cool off with a Treat from Jerry's Sno Cones or La Michoacana.
Whether you’re looking for a popsicle, ice cream, a snow cone, or both, a visit to either of these two local favorites is sure to fix your craving. La Michoacana offers unique flavors such as avocado and corn as well as classics such as Dulce de Leche. Protip: Jerry’s is cash only.
The Five in One Social Club offers unique creative workshops for artists and non-artists alike. It’s basically “kindergarten for grown folks” and it’s entertaining, productive, AND fun.
PLAY FOR A DAY AT CROSSTOWN CONCOURSE.
There’s so much to do here, it can be hard to figure out where to begin. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Pick up a fresh cup of coffee at French Truck.
- Check out an exhibition, music performance, film screening, or artist talk hosted by Crosstown Arts.
- Dine inside or outside at the incredible Global Cafe—run by refugees from all over the world and featuring some of the best food you’ll find in Memphis.
- Chill in the lobby (where you can actually see the DJs live in action) and listen to WYXR tunes.
- Want to choose your own music? Check out the Memphis Listening Lab and choose an 45rpm single, LP, or CD and jam out in the lab.
- Grab some Lucy J’s Bakery goodies or Mempops for the road.
Compete for the winning score at Putt-Putt’s 6,000 square feet space, and engage in battle at the two-level Lasertron area. While you’re there, race go karts, try out the batting cages, and of course, play putt putt golf. Click here for more info.
Spend an afternoon getting lost in one of Memphis’s vintage stores. Whether you’re looking for something specific or just want to explore decades of trends, you can find it here in Memphis.
Go to a Festival.
Get Active and Explore Memphis
Check out these guides to get you started:
Learn About Memphis Music.
Invest in Memphis
Memphis is full of so many people doing great work. Check out some of these local orgs and get involved.