With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure!
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Friday, September 25th
- 11am – Start your weekend early at this Memphis Reads Kickoff Event then head over to Gonerfest
- 6pm – Celebrate 15 years of South Main Trolley Night with art, music, food, and more.
- 7pm – Have you been to Spillit yet? Go tonight.
- 9pm – Enjoy even more live music at Otherlands by new local artists
- 11pm – Hang out at the Rec Room for some post music drinks and games
Saturday, September 26th
- 6:30am – Enjoy made-to-order pancakes and other breakfast foods at the newly opened Staks Pancake Kitchen
- 8am – Support St Jude at the inaugural Walk/Run event
- 10am – Check out the Sidewalk Sale on Broad Avenue
- 12pm – Enjoy lunch and enter the stein-hoisting contest at Schweinhaus’ Oktoberfest event
- 1pm – Looking for something family-friendly? Take your kids to this free acting workshop, to the Metal Museum repair days, to the Midsouth Maze, to Priddy Farms, to Rock-n-Romp or the Memphis Airshow
- 4pm – See “Almost Elton John” and celebrate the annual Pride Festival and Parade (parade starts at 5pm)
- 6pm – Catch the one and only Jerry Lee Lewis parading down Beale St. to celebrate his 80th birthday.
- 7pm – See the last night of this Graceland Too tribute show at Crosstown Arts and walk a few doors down to make sure you stop by the #SeeJustice show at Co-Motion
- 8pm – End the night with live music by The Spinners at the Levitt Shell! This show is the one single ticketed event of the year where 100% of all proceeds pay for the expenses of their 50+ free shows that the Shell puts on each year for the community. Invest in the Shell and enjoy some great music.
Sunday, September 27th
- 9am – Go for an early bike ride or check out the Fitness Park
- 11am – Enjoy breakfast at Bryant’s (cash only)
- 1pm – Parents, get your teen a library card and check out Cloud901
- 2pm – Check out the Ptolemy Poker Run
- 3pm – Enjoy another Oktoberfest event, this time on South Main
- 5pm – Wind down and prepare for the week ahead at one of these places from our bucket list
- 7pm – End your weekend with a Lunar Eclipse
Show us how you enjoy Memphis this weekend by tagging your photos with #Choose901 on Twitter and Instagram. You might get featured on our Instagram page or blog!