With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure!
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Friday, October 9th
- 3pm – Check out the Pink Palace Crafts Fair that will be going on all weekend or Pinvasion at the Hard Rock Cafe (to benefit FRAGO)
- 5:30pm – Enjoy free live music by St. Paul and the Broken Bones at the Levitt Shell (Grizzlies and food trucks will be on site, you’ll want to arrive early for this one!).
- 7pm – Looking for something different? Check out The Break-Up Show or The Five Fifths Project by Joey Miller.
- 8:30pm – Explore the haunted tales of Memphis on a Historical Haunts Pub Crawl with a real paranormal investigator or head over to the Meanwhile in Memphis DVD Release Party
- 11:30pm – See Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Evergreen Theatre
- 1am – Wind down at the Rec Room with drinks and games
Saturday, October 10th
- 9:30am – Stop by Deconstruction Day at the future home of Ballet Memphis in Overton Square
- 10:10 – Take a free 10 hour walking tour with Memphis historian Jimmy Ogle (you can join in and leave at any time)
- 11am – Grab brunch at Lafayette’s and enjoy a free live music and a vendor market at Bristerfest in Overton Square
- 5pm – Sample international wine paired with great food and support Youth Villages at the first ever Wine on the River Festival
- 4pm – Looking for something family-friendly? Take the kids to see Harry Potter on a huge screen, then head over to Spooky Nights at Shelby Farms Park
- 7pm – Catch the last night of the Break Up Show (mature audiences only, first show is 7pm, 2nd show is 10pm) or this Downtown Murder Investigation
Sunday, October 11th
- 12pm – Check out Tapas & Tamales at Wiseacre and support 5 Memphis nonprofits, then head over to the Salsa Festival just down the street
- 3pm – Take a coffee break at one of these spots
- 7pm – Go to the free “This is Memphis” music festival at the Levitt Shell
Show us how you enjoy Memphis this weekend by tagging your photos with #Choose901 on Twitter and Instagram. You might get featured on our Instagram page or blog!