With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Friday, October 7th
- 12pm – Start the weekend early with Food Truck Friday at the Dixon, shop the Creative Works Market at the Halloran Centre, or go to the Agricenter’s Mistletoe Merchants for some early holiday shopping.
- 5pm – Stop by the Imani Soap pop-up shop, have some Cocktails for a Cause at Playback Memphis, or take a guided tour of the Broad Ave Arts District as part of First Fridays on Broad
- 7pm – Enjoy live music and BBQ at Porktoberfest, go on a Haunted Pub Crawl, go back in time to the Time Warp Drive In, see new work by Brantley Ellzey at Crosstown Arts, or watch a screening of American Sharia.
- 8pm – See Kenny Rogers perform at The Orpheum, get to Loflin Yard early for no cover and Star & Micey, go to Spooky Nights at Shelby Farms, or enjoy some patio tunes at Celtic Crossing.
Saturday, October 8th
- 10am – Sign up for a “Taster” class at the Metal Museum or start your morning at Tamp & Tap‘s Bluegrass Brunch.
- 12pm – Go to Moon River Music Festival at the Levitt Shell, listen to some local music at Bristerfest in Overton Square or go to a 901 Rocks! painting party.
- 2pm – Hang out at High Cotton’s Oktoberfest, go Porktoberfest Day 2, or go to Bass Pro’s weekend long Flocktoberfest.
- 5pm – Celebrate WEVL 40 Fest, go to Latino Memphis’ Young Professionals Hispanic Heritage Social, or run in the Memphis Zombie 5k.
- 7pm – Go to Deep Like the Rivers at Memphis Slim House, see Lindsey Stirling at The Orpheum, or watch a movie at Baobab Filmhouse.
- 10 pm – Watch some American Horror Story inspired burlesque at RockHouse Live, catch a late show at Chuckles Comedy House with J Anthony Brown, or get in the Halloween spirit at Wicked Ways Haunted House.
Sunday, October 9th
- 12pm – Start your Sunday at The HM’s Southern Brunch, participate at a Cyanotype Print workshop at Five In One Social Club, or see the Hughes Art Show at Memphis Botanic Garden.
- 2pm – Go on a Family Fun Hike through Shelby Farms, line dance at Brinson’s, go to the last day of Moon River, or take a painting and staining class at Southern Vintage Co., or see Collage dance Collective‘s season opener.
- 6pm – Enjoy live music and beer at the Agricenter before taking on the Mid-South Corn Maze, play Texas Hold ‘Em Poker at Blind Bear, or catch Rachel Wise’s album release at Lafayette’s,
- 8pm – See Lost Empires at the Hi Tone or listen to live music at Otherlands.
Need more ideas?
- See all the October events or plan for Halloween
- Enjoy summer in Memphis
- Take a break on one of Memphis’ fine patios
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Go on a scavenger hunt for murals
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Plan ahead with affordable date ideas
- See all the upcoming festivals
- Try a food truck around town
- Learn where you can buy and create art in Memphis
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis
Show us how you enjoy Memphis this weekend by tagging your photos with #Choose901 on Twitter and Instagram. You might get featured on our Instagram page or blog!