With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure!
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Friday, November 27th
- 12pm – Start the weekend early at Black Friday Movie Day at the Rec Room or the Peabody Christmas Tree Lighting
- 6pm – Get some holiday shopping done at Trolley Night on South Main, take the whole family to see some Christmas light displays, or go to the Gone to the Dogs Fest
- 7pm – See the North Mississippi Allstars with Jim Lauderdale and The South Memphis Allstars at Minglewood Hall or watch the Grizzlies play at home
- 8pm – Check out the Brennan Villines CD Release & Birthday Party or the MISC Memphis Improv night
Saturday, November 28th
- 9am – Take part in this 5k to benefit Memphis Recovery Centers’ Youth Program and In-House School
- 10am – Get more holiday shopping done at WinterArts, the Bartlett Holiday Market, and Stock & Belle
- 11am – Take the kids to see Santa in Collierville
- 1pm – Check out the Beale Street Big Wheel Relay Race
- 2:30pm – See Celebration at the Buckman Performing Arts Center or Me & Leah at Shangri-La to support Room In the Inn
- 7pm – Support refugees at Memphis’ First Art Toy Show
- 10:30pm – End the night at Daisyland Late Night
Sunday, November 29th
- 8am – Try breakfast at one of these spots
- 2pm – Take care of more holiday shopping at this Popup Shop or this Holiday Party Shindig.
- 3pm – Enjoy an afternoon of Burlesque or enjoy drinks and arcade games at the Rec Room
- 5pm – Watch the Grizzlies play at home
Show us how you enjoy Memphis this weekend by tagging your photos with #Choose901 on Twitter and Instagram. You might get featured on our Instagram page or blog!