In light of this week’s COVID-19 numbers, we put together some weekend events that you can participate in at home or in-person while honoring social distancing best practices. Stay safe, Memphis!
Friday, November 20
- Memphis Botanic Garden’s Family Learning series presents FLAG—Jungle Journey.
- Pink Palace Museum’s Virtual Crafts Fair features 58 artists, vendors, and exhibitors for you to peruse online.
- Farewell Angelina, an all-female country group with four powerhouse vocalists, performs at the Halloran Centre at the Orpheum.
- Run, power walk, or dance your way to the virtual finish line when you join the VIRTUAL Happy In Memphis 5K presented by Harding Academy of Memphis.
- Join the Memphis made jam band, Grape at the Cove for live music.
- Malco Paradiso presents Coen Brothers Film Festival all weekend long.
- Pick up some treats from the new custom Phillip Ashley Memphis Zoo chocolate collection.
- Plan ahead to surprise the littles in your life with Thanksgiving Toddler Art kits from Art Project Memphis.
Saturday, November 21
*We really hope not, but if you’re looking for COVID-19 testing, Shelby County Schools is partnering with the City of Memphis to offer free “no-pain” nasal swab COVID-19 testing available ahead of Thanksgiving to help families prepare for a safe holiday. Get the details here, and then stay home and zoom in for events for a while to protect others.
- Feel like running? The Big River Crossing Half Marathon + 5K benefiting Peer Power is inviting you to the starting line.
- Comeback Coffee, Golden Hour, and Oak Hall team up for a Pop Up Shop at Oak Hall.
- Meritan’s Virtual Maskquerade Ball includes a dinner-kit by Pink Flamingo, a toddy cocktail-kit from Old Dominick Distillery, and other surprises. Pick up your packet and tune in to the live stream.
- Turn that radio dial to the WYXR Memphis’ Sound Series because you won’t want to miss the performances AND interviews with four Memphis legends.
- Hit up Memphis Modern Market’s Downtown Pop Up Shop for gifts galore by local maker favorites.
- Hit up the early online toy sales to stock up on holiday gifts for kids who need it most. The Boys and Girls Club of Greater Memphis have a goal of providing at least one gift for every member.
- Need a mask refresh? Volunteer Memphis has got you covered (get it?!). Head to Pentacostal Temple on Danny Thomas to pick up your free mask.
- Clean out that closet! Memphis Rox is looking for new and gently worn coats for adults AND children and you can drop them off directly or at Hot Yoga Memphis Plus.
- Want to give AND get a little? Bid virtually during the St. Jude Gifts that Give Auction on exclusive celebrity experiences and luxury vacations all in support of St. Jude’s lifesaving mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
- If you’ve watched an embarrassing amount of “Friends,” you’re going to want to get the details on the Friends Thanksgiving Trivia at the Summer Drive-In.
Sunday, November 22
- Forget those “Namaste in bed” tees, and hit up some Zoom power Vinyasa with Mind Body Haus. Your body will thank you.
- Prepare yourself for Giving Tuesday. It’s coming sooner than you think.
- Pink Palace Museum’s Virtual Crafts Fair features 58 artists, vendors, and exhibitors ends December 12.
- Graceland it lit, so drive by and see it in its holiday glory.
- Rumor has it that by Sunday, you can experience Delight at Concourse. Marvel at the over 100 foot tall twinkling light installation in the Crosstown Concourse’s Central Atrium, get cozy and feast on local goodies at pop up dining areas throughout the building, and work on your holiday shopping list at a dozen independent shops and restaurants!
- Socially distant art making? Sign us up. The GPAC is hosting Artsavvy: Drawing by Nature (GPAC) with multi-media artist, Angi Cooper. You’ll observe, sketch, paint, write, and meditate—all at your own 6 foot table.