With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’re putting together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure!
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Friday, July 24th
- 5:30pm – Grab Dinner at one of these places from our Bucket List
- 8pm – Check out the first ever Improv and Sketch Show at Midtown Crossing
- 10pm – Catch some live music at Lafayette’s (Memphis’ own American Fiction starts at 10pm)
- 1am – End the night at Zebra Lounge
Saturday, July 25th
- 7am – Go for a bike ride before it gets too hot or check out Riverfit fitness park Downtown
- 9am – Head out to the Memphis Farmer’s Market Downtown or the Cooper Young Farmer’s Market (both have food trucks and coffee)
- 11:30am – Celebrate National Dance Day at Overton Square
- 2pm – Recharge with a coffee break, ice cream break, or Growler fill
- 6pm – Catch the annual Blues on the Bluff to benefit WEVL
- 10pm – Chill out and watch the Mighty Souls Brass Band at Bar DKDC
- 1am – Enjoy a nightcap from The Cove on Broad Ave
Sunday, July 26th
- 10:30am – Grab brunch at Bosco’s and enjoy live music from Joyce Cobb until 3pm
- 3:30pm – Hang out at the Rec Room (grab drinks, play games, enjoy food trucks)
- 7:30pm – Catch Mark Edgar Stuart at the Levitt Shell for free (pack a picnic or enjoy food trucks)
- 10:30pm – Not ready for the night to end? Catch Brawful at the Hitone
Need more ideas? Check out our July events post. Got another suggestion you think we should include? Let us know in the comments!
Show us how you enjoy Memphis this weekend by tagging your photos with #Choose901 on Twitter and Instagram. You might get featured on our blog!