With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates.
Friday, November 9
- 11 am – See what’s up at Fridays in Health Science Park, go Trolley Stop Market and share your thoughts with BuildDowntown for $2 off your lunch, or take your pick of the Downtown Dining Week lunch deals.
- 2 pm – Find some treasures at Vintage Market Days Merry & Bright
- 3 pm – Talk tea history and flavor profiles at City & State’s free Tea Tasting
- 4 pm – Celebrate the Grand Opening of River Garden & the River Line
- 6 pm – Put your mind to work for Memphis at 48 Launch: Smart City Tech, or let the week melt away at Wine Down at The Dixon
- 7 pm – Take it easy at Drink-N-Draw Thanksgiving Special, hit Railgarten for Southern Avenue w/ Cody Dickinson, Lucky 7 Brass Band & Special Guests, catch Lil Duval livin’ his best life and not going back and forth with you about it at Chuckles (7:30), NottageFest: Fabulation or the Re-Education of Undine at McCoy Theatre (7:30), or let Cirque Italia give you the ol’ razzle-dazzle (7:30).
- 8 pm – Join Friends of George to kick off the holiday season with Fabulous Navidad, sip a Fireside and win prizes at Friday Night Bingo, or celebrate a year of The Liquor Store being awesome.
- 9 pm – Grab a Blue Steel or a Pimm’s with Tailored Makers at The Cove, get some “spacey, dark ambience with heavy post-western twang” with It Came from Austin at Hi-Tone, or choose the spacey dark ambience of a Pink Floyd Laser Light Show at the Pink Palace (there’s booze & The Wall).
- 10 pm – Absolutely have a good time with Almost Elton John at Lafayette’s, bounce between the two sides at Tin Roof, or fill your plate with Three Course Comedy at Midtown Crossing Grill.
- 11:30 – Stay up late for a Rocky Horror Picture Show with Absent Friends, keep it grown and sexy at The House Party at Prohibition Lounge, or kick it with POPE at Bar DKDC.
Saturday, November 10
- 8 am- Hit the trails for the Shelby Farms Park 10-miler + Buffalo 5K.
- 9 am- Make the most of Downtown Dining Week before it ends, score some local finds at the Madonna Learning Center 2018 Holiday Market, and grab some girl-grown greens at the Find Us in Frayser Farm Stand.
- 10 am- Shell out the dough for all things vintage at Merry & Bright, shop til you drop at the Memphis Flyer’s Crafts and Drafts, and see all of the art during Art on the Move.
- 11 am- Cheer on the Tigers at the Liberty Bowl.
- 12 pm- Let your kids get crafty at Crosstown Arts.
- 1 pm- Wish Memphis Made Brewing a happy 5th birthday during Malted V and catch ‘em all at Pokemon Go: Community Day.
- 1:30 pm- Experience a cirque like no other at the Wolfchase Galleria.
- 2 pm- Support black businesses at Friendsgiving Blackout.
- 2:15 pm- Parkour with your pals in Overton Park.
- 3 pm- Treat your tummy to some local eats and sweets at the 2018 Fall Garden Party.
- 3:30 pm- Do some toe-tappin‘ with tap master Josh Scribner.
- 5:30 pm- Enjoy a poker party at Club 152.
- 6 pm- Have a Barkin’ good time benefitting Streetdog Foundation pups during Howl at the Moon, show up and show out to celebrate the Wolf River Conservancy at The Greenway Soirée, and get all glitzed and glammed up for the Orpheum Theatre’s 90th birthday Soirée in the Spotlight.
- 7 pm- Hear people spill the Soulsville tea at Spillit Slam: Soulsville with Memphis Slim Collaboratory, watch Arnold Schwarzenegger kick all the ass at the Time Warp Drive-In GET TO THE CHOPPAH!: SCHWARZENEGGER’S SCI-FI SHOWDOWN, rock out with Taco Mouth at Growlers, and wine and dine on the river during the Dinner and Music Cruise.
- 7:30 pm- Laugh til you cry at Drafts and Laughs, discover you inner guru at Delta Groove Yoga, and enjoy a mix of reggae and soul music sung by Roz Welch.
- 8 pm- Have a Fabulous Navidad at Evergreen Theatre and fill your ear holes with video games theme songs by PXLS at Rec Room.
- 9 pm- Hear Anthony Crawford make jokes at Midtown Crossing Grill, catch The Reputations and Yesse Yavis at Railgarten, and enjoy more live tunes at Sounds Good Memphis
- 10 pm- Experience the ratchetry of Trap Jazz at the Bluff and hit those high notes during Saturday Night Karaoke.
Sunday, November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- 11 am – Honor all who served at a Veteran’s Day Raffle at High Cotton Brewing Co.
- Noon – Enjoy Brunch at the Brewery or Brunch at Libro w/ a side of flamenco guitar.
- 1 pm – Get and give advice at Code Together at Einstein’s, origami and chill at Peace Party, do the bendy stretchy at Community Yoga with Your Inner Yogi, dig on some primo treats at Primas Bakery & Boutique Tea Party Series: A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1:30)
- 2 pm – #fallintofitness at Free Barre Pop Up at The Dixon, pay tribute to our veterans at Copland Fanfare for the Common Man and Choral Concert for Peace with Memphis Symphony Orchestra (2:30) or the Veteran’s Day Carillon Concert (2:30).
- 3 pm – West Point Military Academy’s Glee Club is on tour with Saluting America and Its Veterans, or you can head to Crosstown for Live Music Happy Hour at Next Door
- 5:30 pm – Keep eating for Downtown Dining Week, party with Wok’n in Memphis cuz they’ve been Wok’n so hard for a year, or see Zakoustic at Ghost River
- 7 pm – See Ty Brasel, Paris Charriz, Jarry Manna at The Hi Tone, catch the NottageFest: Intercollegiate Finale, Jana Misener-Anderson’s debut EP Release Show is at Bar DKDC, go Bowling After Dark at Winchester Bowl, or spread the love at Memphis: Loosen the Bible Belt at Dru’s.
- 8 pm – See Buildings / Pressed / Hash Redactor at The Hi-Tone
- 10 pm – Choose something by Rihanna and some ribs at Karaoke Sundays at Marlowe’s
Need more ideas?
- See more of what’s happening this weekend in our Events Calendar.
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis