With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, September 6
- Indulge in botanical cocktails during Art on the Rocks at The Dixon.
- Sip Cocktails for a Cause as it honors Caritas Village.
- DJ Chandler Blingg is providing your sunset tunes during Summer Sets // Vol. 2 on the Hu. Roof.
- The World’s Greatest Goat Parade is happening Millington.
- Kick it with Keia Johnson at Onix.
- It’s the second weekend of the Delta Fair & Music Festival.
- The Humans at The Circuit Playhouse tells the story what family time is really like during the holidays.
- Take in an evening plays exploring “The Gift of Pride” during ETC’s 4th Annual 10 Minute Play Festival.
- Spend an evening with the spirits during the Mourning Memphis Exhibition Opening at Woodruff-Fontaine Museum.
- Lend a helping hand and make an impact during United Way Mid-South Days of Caring.
- The Live Score to Seijun Suzuki’s Detective Bureau 2-3: Go To Hell Bastards will be played along with the movie in the Green Room.
- The Grand Opening Weekend at Atomic Rose will feature burlesque, a Big Gay Dance Party, blue lemonade, and more.
- Make your way to Broad Avenue for all the Sidewalk Sale deals.
- Bennie, the music wizard, is doing his thing with DJ Ben at Bar DKDC.
- Catch Hate for State, Joy Bomb, and These Streets Are Rivers at the Pagan Mom House.
- Take it back to the 80s & 90s at Da Roll Bounce Old Skool Sk8 Party.
Saturday, September 7
- Salute our city and our amazing yoga community at the Memphis Rox Yoga Festival.
- 2nd Annual 5K Race to Prosperity.
- Break the dancin’ shoes out for Ballet Memphis Launch 2019
- Bring your best gals to Cocktails & Conversations at The Guest House at Graceland w/ Memphis Women Rock.
- The Decibel Concert Series is back at the CMPLX and Magnolia is taking the stage.
- Head to the 30th Annual International Goat Days Festival in Millington for goat yoga and tons more activities.
- The Delta Fair & Music Festival is only around for one more day!
- Get down with gin and giraffes during Zoo Rendezvous.
- Support the young, talented storytellers at Indie Memphis Youth Film Fest.
- Pop over to the Germantown Festival for arts, crafts, food, fun, and the Running of the Weenies.
- Get to know local electronic music label, Future-Everything, as they present: 09.07.19 Memphis at Growlers.
- Relive the magic of the Harry Potter Series at the Pink Palace.
- Cheer on Memphis 901 FC against Swope Park at AutoZone Park.
- ETC’s 4th Annual 10 Minute Play Festival continues at TheatreWorks on the Square.
- Martinis and Cigars Under the Stars is all about good vibes, good people, and good connections.
- Gear up for the Memphis Pride Parade during the MPL Pride Kickoff!
- Akasha Cassadine, The Princess, Coco Flores, Keleigh Klarke, and Bella DuBalle will take the stage during the Atomic Rose Grand Opening Weekend Drag Show.
- Get in on the teacher discount for Educator Appreciation Day with Memphis Tigers Football.
- Cruise the city for cool street art during the Memphis Grafitti & Street Art Bike Tour.
- It’s all about that swing at the Rumba Room.
Sunday, September 8
- Bring the little ones out for Kids’ Hour at Rec Room.
- At YIY Community Yoga – All Levels, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a beginner or a veteran.
- Make your own ceramic critter with Silly Succulent Pots.
- Hopefully, your pup will bring you luck at Bring Your Dog to Bingo Day.
- It’s Gerard Harris’ time to shine during Sunset Jazz at Court Square.
- Enjoy an evening of soul music and groovin’ with The Heat featuring Carmen Hicks & The Hickies.
- Sunset Yoga Downtown will get you geared up to take on the week.
- Saddle Creek Beer Garden is back with tunes and brews.
- Go get a pronto pup before the Delta Fair & Music Festival wraps up.
- Marvel at historic Midtown homes during the 43rd Central Gardens Home Tour.
- Catch the first movie in the Harry Potter Series at the Pink Palace.
- Ezra Bell / Wagoneer are taking over the small room at the Hi Tone.
- It’s your last chance to catch ETC’s 4th Annual 10 Minute Play Festival.
- Rebirth Brass Band is bringing their Grammy-award winning talents to the Crosstown Theater.
- Joe Restivo and the Tennessee Screamers are keeping the folks entertained during the River Series at the Harbor Town Amphitheater.
- Cap off your weekend with a shitty double feature at Black Lodge.