With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, September 13
- The Mid-Autumn Festival at Crosstown Concourse will feature celebratory Vietnamese traditions such as lantern lighting, moon cakes, a dragon dance, and more.
- Head to the Buckman for a night of enchanting acrobatics, dance, and cabaret at Filling the Air with Annie Feres and Weightless Aerial.
- Kayak along the Mississippi under the glow of a full moon.
- This month’s Vibe on the Island is Trap Jazz.
- Pull up a lawn chair for some free Shakespeare with Pericles at Overton Square’s Chimes Square.
- Your lunch break won’t be a boring one if you spend it in Health Sciences Park.
- Opera Memphis is back at the Levitt Shell for 30 Days of Opera.
- From jazz to gospel, to classical music, Crosstown Arts is celebrating the work of African composers.
- Enjoy some friendly competition during Game Night at Crosstown Brewing.
- Show off your music knowledge with a game of Singo at the Casual Pint.
- What happens when a tailgate meets a paint party? The Sip ‘N Drip Paint Southern Heritage Classic Glow Up is born.
- This day calls for some slasher movie mayhem at Black Lodge with the Club Crystal Lake: Friday the 13th Movie Dance Party.
- I’m not sure who Michaela is, but she’s having a birthday show at P & H and Rosey, WineWitch, and Model Zero are playing!
- The Lucky 7 Brass Band is hoping to bring you some luck at Railgarten.
- Kevin Gates is “stating facts” at FedEx Forum tonight.
- Find time to get some Friday the 13th ink at Trilogy, Bluff City Tattoo, or Underground Art.
- There’s even more Friday the 13th madness happening with Javi & the River City Boppers at MURPHY’S.
- Enjoy 3$ White Claws all night at Growlers because Ain’t No Laws When You’re Drinking Claws.
- Catch a drag show at Atomic Rose.
Saturday, September 14
- Y’all already know it’s time for the Southern Heritage Classic!
- Pirates are taking over the Memphis Public Library.
- Come grab some goodies from Choose901 and many other local merchants at Cooper Young Fest, and check out the music lineup while you’re at it.
- Goldperms, Odd Wilson, and Kahmay are doing their thing at Society Memphis.
- Andrew Best Music and Confetti are entertaining under the stars during the Fall Music Series in Chimes Square.
- Memphis Made is hosting Cooper York Fest with music by Unapologetic & Friends.
- Katharine Hedlund is returning home to record her live album at The Green Room.
- If you like 80’s and 90’s country, you should find yourself at The Bluff.
- Get a serving of throwback soul and funk with The Dip at the Levitt Shell.
- Things are getting medieval at Rec Room Rumble Round II.
- Birds need homes too and you can build one for them during Birdhouses on the Bluff.
- Enjoy a whole lot of soul, funk, rock, and blues during BoomBox with Drewbeats at 1884 Lounge.
- The Weeks, Spendtime Palace, and The Vernes are taking over the big room at the Hi Tone.
- Spend a day checking out the Paw Patrol Exhibit at CMOM with your kiddos.
- The Chamber of Secrets will open at the Pink Palace Family of Museums.
- Support the fight against cancer during Fight On at Shelby Farms.
- Meet Memphis’ Dog Heroes during Superpower Dogs at the Pink Palace.
- Take your kids on a high flying adventure during Magic Carpet Ride with Weightless Aerial Arts.
- Show your Memphis pride during the Tiger Tailgate Party at High Cotton.
- Try your hand at creating herbal balms and salves at the Memphis Botanic Garden.
- “In Case You Didn’t Know,” Brett Young is Live at the Garden tonight.
Sunday, September 15
- Sip Whiskey in the Wild at the Lichterman Center.
- Enjoy the heartfelt folk-rock of The Wealthy West at the Levitt Shell.
- Celebrate the influence that Chinese merchants have had on Beale Street during the Memphis Chinese History and Culture Festival.
- Peruse for vintage finds at the Bluff City Cru Vintage Fall Pop-Up SALE.
- Things are getting grown, sexy, and saxy during Kafe Kirk with special guest Bernie Williams.
- Hear the sweet sounds of the Swedish Nightingale at Elmwood Cemetery.
- If you’re an artist, head to the Brooks to get free feedback for National Portfolio Day.
- Concert for a Nonviolent Memphis hopes to bring together groups and individuals working for positive change, and some great musicians are involved.
- Kick back at this month’s Artistik Lounge featuring MMILK.
- It’s the season of the witch at Hunny Blunt’s Rolling Room at the Lamplighter.