With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates.
Friday, October 26th
- 5:30pm – Head to South Main for Haunted Trolley Night, take some littles to Zoo Boo, or pull up to the Mallory Neely house for an outdoor movie at Addams Family on Adams Avenue
- 6pm – Watch Casper & The Shining at Shelby Farms Park’s Outdoor Movie Night: Spooky Double Feature, or show off and take the top prize at the Trolley Night Costume Party at The Vault
- 7pm – Dig on some Afrofuturist jazz with Sun Ra Arkestra at Rhodes, stop by Stock & Belle for the group photography and moving image show Quartet.Press Issue 3 Release, take the family to the Halloween Bash in Chimes Square, see what’s up at South Main Trolley Night at ArtUp feat. Mbabazi House of Style and check out the exhibit Nasty Women Memphis: Still Here. Still Fighting. while you’re there, or applaud the Puccini at Opera Memphis’ Madama Butterfly at GPAC (7:30).
- 8pm – Kick back with an adult beverage and rock out to a Metallica laser show in the planetarium cuz why not?, catch live music with Domain – Fit of Body/Cities Aviv/ Intimacy/ Composer 4 at 409 S. Main, get your lagers and laughs at Comma Comedians Comedy at Crosstown
- 9pm – Have 4th meal and chill with Me and Leah at The Crow, see Death Valley Girls at The Hi Tone, or join the Mystic Krewe of Pegasus for Halloween at Hogwarts
- 10pm – Shake it at Spins ft. DJ Superman at Crosstown Arts, go with the flow with Whatever Dude at MURPHY’S, Model Zero + Bar DKDC
Saturday, October 27th
- 8am- Bring your boo to brunch at the Liquor Store and run Round the Mound in support of JUICE Orange Mound.
- 9am- Get a jumpstart on gift shopping at the Holiday Market at the Agricenter or stop by the last day of the Memphis Farmers Market for the season.
- 9:45am- Try out your aerial skills at High Expectations Aerial Arts.
- 10am- Get arts-n-craftsy at RiverArtsFest and lol at student stories performed by Story Pirates.
10:30- Glide-n-ride round South Memphis.
- 11am- Party til sundown in the Loflin (grave)Yard, celebrate 30 years of Shangri-la, explore the Body-ody-oddy at Rhodes, and take a pic with Manny Monster at the Monster Market.
- 12pm- Bite some burgers at Burgerfest 2018 and make a fur friend at Muddy’s Grind House.
- 2pm- Be like Humpty Dumpty and have a great Fall-Fest.
- 5pm- Take the kids flick-or-treating at Memphis Botanic Gardens and bring your little ghouls to Boo-ffalo Bash at Shelby Farms Park.
- 5:30pm- Bring your resting witch face to A High Point Pub Halloween.
- 6pm- Experience the Haunted Happenings of Woodruff Fontaine House, bar crawl for boo-ze starting at Crosstown Brewing Company, gather w/ your fellow kooks for spooks at Night of the Living Shed, summon Michael Myers at Growlers, and come spooky, scary, or pretty to the Halloween party at Blind Bear.
- 6:30pm- Watch the Mighty Lights get lit and get turnt at the Underground Showcial.
- 7pm- Act a fool at the Annual Spaceface Halloween Party at Railgarten, hunt the undead at Memphis Zombie Hunt, cheer the Grizzlies on to victory against the Phoenix Suns, see Andy Grammar at Minglewood Hall, and experience two floors of skele-fun at Club 152.
- 7:30- See FEMME performed at Collage Dance Collective.
- 8pm- Crawl for Boos and Brews downtown, bring back the 90’s at Rec Room, delight in the story of Lizzie Borden set to rock tunes, have a spooktacular time at Laurelhill, rock out top live tunes at Hi Tone, and see Ballet Memphis making move to local tunes.
- 8:30pm- Dance the night away at the Halloween Rumba Party.
- 9pm- See a human sacrifice at Black Lodge’s Halloween Ritual, boo it to them at the Beach House, show out for the resurrection of Spectrum , sip Nightmare Before Christmas themed cocktails at Flying Saucer, eat drink and be scary at Tin Roof and the Bluff, party with spirits at the 4th Annual Memphis Monster Mash, and enjoy a three-ring circus of creepy, freaky fun at the Haunted Circus Halloween party.
- 10pm- Bring your pipes to Saturday Night Karaoke at Atomic Tiki, have a scary but sexy Saturday at Raifords, and get absinthe-minded at the Absinthe Room.
Sunday, October 28th
- Noon – Do Railgarten’s Brunch Series feat. Juanita Stein, or the Purple Brunch with Chef Kenna & Chef Betti, or spend the afternoon browsing the jewelry, pottery, sculptures and more at RiverArtsFest.
- 1pm – Drive around to all the Brooks Outside: Outings Project sites while you still can, or take a tram tour of the Origami at the Garden exhibit at Memphis Botanic Garden.
- 2pm – See the final performances of Lizzie – The Lizzie Borden Rock Musical, Little Women the Musical, or Dracula, or be wowed by our incredible dance community at Ballet Memphis Fall Mix or Collage Dance Collective’s FEMME (2:30).
- 3pm – Stop by Verbena Popular de Día de los Muertos for tamales and crafts, or do some patio sippin’ at Next Door’s Live Music Happy Hour.
- 5pm – Watch the sunset to a live jazz soundtrack.
Need more ideas?
- See more of what’s happening this weekend in our October Events Guide and Halloween Events Guide.
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis