With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, May 3
- Catch Blocboy JB, Dave Matthews Band, CHVRCHES, Khalid, and more during Beale Street Music Festival Day 1!!!!
- Shop black with Cynthia Daniels and Phillip Ashley Chocolates during Black Friday Shop Black.
- Catch Cabaret at Playhouse on the Square.
- Get a jump on your Mother’s Day shopping at All for Mom — First Fridays on Broad.
- Head to Central Park in Collierville for Friday Flicks: Mary Poppins Returns at Carriage Crossing.
- The MD’s are bringing their groove back to B-SIDE Memphis.
- Bring home a fur baby from Memphis Animal Services during Game of Homes.
- Celebrate each other and sings songs during Beer + Hymns May Edition.
- The floor is open to anybody during the Open Stage Drag Show at Dru’s Place.
- Show up and shoop out at the Bloc Boy JB Bday Bash.
- Enjoy a four-course Cinco de Mayo meal during the Art of Dinner Interactive Cooking Class: Cinco de Mayo.
- Put your hair in Princess Leia space buns for Cerrito Bingo’s Star Wars Night.
Saturday, May 4
- G-Eazy, Rainbow Kitten Surprise, Big Boi, and more are on deck at Beale Street Music Festival Day 2!!!!
- It’s officially paddling season at Opening Day for Kayak Memphis.
- Have a taco at every mile of the Cinco de Moe’s 5K.
- Run the Courage through Cancer 5K at Levitt Shell.
- There’s live music at Memphis Made Brewing for Bristerfest.
- Yes, Dixon Gallery & Gardens is open and today is free admission for Family Day!
- Fill up on beignets, shrimp & grits, cafe au lait, and fun at Cafe du Memphis to benefit Dorothy Day House.
- Get acquainted with the South Memphis neighborhood during the South Memphis Glide Ride.
- BLOOM (Memphis): An Event for New & Expectant Moms has vendors, speakers, a full brunch buffet, giveaways, and Momosas.
- Celebrate May the 4th with The Music of Star Wars.
- Or do it with two Stars Wars VR experiences and Tipsy Lightsaber Dueling at Rec Room.
- Watch your Memphis 901 FC take on the Birmingham Legion FC.
- Start early at the Cinco de Mayo Party at Swanky’s Colonial with Walrus & Super 5!
- Have some sultry fun at Mollie Fontaine’s with Velvetina’s Blue Moon Revue.
- New Moon Theatre Company presents some mighty fine Willy Shakes at Twelfth Night.
- It’s another Willy Shakes tale but in the form of dance at Ballet Memphis: Midsummer Night’s Dream at GPAC.
- Buster’s Liquors will let you taste all of the tequila if you’re of age.
- Get up close and personal with the foliage at Elmwood Cemetery during the Tree Tour.
- Discover ways to refresh your mind during A Day of Mindfulness in Memphis.
- Pick up the perfect houseplant from the Volunteer Plant Sale.
- Celebrate 200 years of Memphis at the Memphis 200 Elmwood Field Trip Extravaganza.
- The strawberry patch at the Agricenter is open and ready for your picking.
- Make a pit stop at Tin Roof on your way to or from Beale Street Music Fest.
- Keep the party vibes going until sunrise during The Late Night Tip at Printer’s Alley.
- Ring in Cinco de Mayo with Drunk Uncle at Lafayette’s.
Sunday, May 5
- See Moneybagg Yo, The Killers, Healy, Everclear, Cardi B and more at Beale Street Music Festival Day 3!!!
- Enjoy an outdoor art experience during Recess at Wonder/ Cowork/ Create.
- Use the holiday as an excuse to load up on cheese dip at Maciel’s.
- Railgarten is celebrating Cinco de Mayo with drink specials.
- KEEP ON loving Southern Avenue at the listening party for their new album at the Stax Museum.
- Satisfy your Cinco de Mayo needs with a Mexican lager at Hammer & Ale, High Cotton
- Swing your hips and take tequila sips at the Cinco De Mayo Party at The Rumba Room.
- If the $3 tequila shots don’t get you to Cinco de Mayo Day Play then the two-for-one margaritas will.
- Craft Republic‘s bringing out a taco buffet for the holiday.
- You know you need to hit up Cafe Olé for a margarita or two.
- There’ll be local artists, makers, deals, and dessert specials at the Cinco de Mayo Festival at Primas Bakery + Boutique.
- If you don’t laugh during the Impromptu Poo Poo Pee Pee Comedy Hour, you could get a free drink.
- It’s time again for the Annual Fair on the Square in Collierville.