SaferAtHome doesn’t mean staying safer alone! The weekend is here, and we’ve found several Memphis events for you to join online in the spirit of merrymaking the most of our situation.
Friday, May 15
- JUICE Orange Mound is providing an opportunity for you to safely contribute to their community garden!
- Catch Donna the Buffalo on the Levitt Shell’s livestream. Bonus points if you sit out on a lawn while doing it.
- Move and groove with local musicians during the Wild Bill’s Stay Safe at Home Live Stream.
- You lovers of shabby chic creations are in luck! The Painted Tree Marketplace is officially re-opening today.
- Pop into the Frayser Virtual Arts Festival to discover local artists, and see pop-up performances.
- You may not be able to gather by the river for a sweet yoga session, but Downtown Memphis invites you to gather on Zoom from 6PM-7PM for a free, live yoga class, to embrace your inner Yogi.
- Crosstown Arts launched Against the Grain, a new online platform for Memphis musicians to post made-at-home videos of their musical performances on Crosstown Arts’ website. Viewers can buy a virtual ticket and directly support musicians who are unable to perform in public during the pandemic.
- Experience the Sweetness in Seattle as Phillip Ashley hosts a themed chocolate and wine tasting.
Saturday, May 16
- Create your next masterpiece with Pino Palette’s next Paint Party!
- Grab your mask and get ready for the Memphis Farmer’s Market….because it’s back!!
- Tune in for part 3 of the Memphis Bridal Show.
- The National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc., is VIRTUALLY hosting the 16th Annual Young Women of Excellence Conference: RISE UP AND BE B.A.D.D.
- Your kiddos can dance the day away with Children’s Ballet Theater classes online.
- The DJs of Dark Transmissions is hosting a Goth Happy Hour with DJ Alpha Heather (Transmission, ATCOTD).
- Enjoy Live Entertainment from Wild Bill’s Memphis and during the COVID-19 pandemic and support your local musicians!
- Celebrate World Whiskey Day with Celtic Crossing as they host a Virtual Whiskey Tasting.
Sunday, May 17
- Join the Ballroom Yogi for a workout that combines High Intensity Interval Training(more commonly known as H.I.I.T) with yoga.
- Check out Two Pillars Yoga’s book club.
- View 31 beautiful gardens in Cooper-Young Garden Walk virtually.
- Get your art therapy on by tuning in to Frayser’s Local Arts Festival.
- Don’t miss the last day for the Memphis Botanic Garden Curb Side Pickup Plant Sale.
If you’re ready to get out of the house, we’ve got the scoop on Memphis’ Great Re-opening. Check it out, but be safe!!