With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, March 8
- It’s tequila time during Margarita Madness at Growlers.
- Play high stakes drawing games with prizes for best and worst during Drink N Draw at Ghost River.
- Paint & Get Lit at Atomic Tiki pretty much explains itsself.
- Wow the crowd during Battle of the Mic w/ Tom Skeemask at CANVAS.
- Things are getting jazzy during Earfood: A Dedication to Roy Hargrove at Sounds Good Memphis.
- Marcella and Her Lovers are bringing their soulful sounds to Bar DKDC.
- 5 Days of Jazz is back at the Memphis Public Libraries.
- It’s showtime for Beetlejuice 3D at the Pink Palace Museum.
- The outdoors is your classroom during the Nature Explore Workshop at Memphis Botanic Garden.
- Groove to your own tunes during the Silent Skate Party at East End Skating Rink.
- Love on your best ladies during the International Women’s Day Mixer w/ Wanderlvst901 at Primas Bakery & Boutique.
- Midtown Crossing Grill is serving up a 3 Course Comedy meal by Bluff City Liars.
- Bring a virgin to Rocky Horror Picture Show w/ Absent Friends at Evergreen Theatre.
- See three bands led by powerful women under one roof with Louise Page, Midtown Queer, and Mama Honey at Midtown Crossing.
Saturday, March 9
- Grind City Coffee Expo is a playground of sorts for you coffee connoisseurs out there.
- Bring your best (or worst) talents to the P&H Karaoke Competition.
- Hear the story behind Lester Merriweather’s work in Every American Thing during his Artist Talk.
- Take advantage of the last day of Memphis Black Restaurant Week.
- It’s finally fútbol time at the Memphis 901 FC Home Opener.
- It’s Shangri-La Saturday ft. Mark Edgar Stuart at Crosstown Brewing Co.
- Find seasonal employment, academic enrichment, summer academies, volunteer and internship opportunities at
The Soul Explosion! at Stax Academy.
- A group of veteran Bluff City musicians will blow your mind at Love Light Orchestra at Railgarten.
- See what’s a buzz during The Amazing Adventures of LadyBug Lady and Beetle Boy at Crosstown.
- Fill your belly with mudbugs during the Crawfish Boil at the Yard!
- Roll out your mat, and GET CRUNK during Trap Yoga Series at Your Inner Yogi.
- Discuss how to affect positive change during Let’s Talk About It: How to Keep Our Humanity in Modern Time.
- If you’ve never been to Elmwood Cemetery, now’s a good time to take a “Walk With Me.”
- Cheer on the U of M Tigers as they take on the Tulsa Golden Hurricane at Fedex Forum.
- Go to Rec Room for games and some Real Memphis Wrestling.
- Let the kiddos release some energy with Kids Parkour Classes at Overton Park.
- Try your hand at painting during the Classic Landscape Oil Painting Workshop at Painted Tree Marketplace.
Sunday, March 10 – It’s Daylight Savings. Spring forward!
- The plaza at the Brooks Museum will become your own colorful canvas during ChalkFest.
- Watch the Memphis Grizzlies vs. Orlando Magic at FedExForum.
- Mar.10 looks like Mario so it’s National Mario Day, and you can celebrate his life’s work at Rec Room.
- Some good bands are stopping by on their way to Austin during SXSW Take Over at Lamplighter.
- Meet the roaster at the Coffee Cupping at Society Memphis.
- Shop local, do some dancing and enjoy the goods from 9 food trucks at Soulful Food Truck Festival.
Need more ideas?
- See more of what’s happening this weekend in our Events Calendar.
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis