Ever been overwhelmed with all the choices in the 901? You’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a handy list to help you hit some of the best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our upcoming weekend suggestions. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, March 6
- The Southern Women’s Show at the Agricenter is the perfect ladies night out to kick off your weekend.
- Party with Twyla Yahweh and Friends during the Official Runway Tour Afterparty at Paula Raifords Disco.
- Taste test the work of the city’s best mixologists during Mix-Odyssey at Memphis Botanic Garden.
- Enjoy the psychedelic, avant-garde jazz by Frog Squad at Crosstown Arts.
- Donte Ross and Case Bloom are taking over Elmertha at Central Station Hotel.
- Bring your ping pong game, and check out the Louder than Bombs: The Smiths/Morrisey cover band at Railgarten.
- Join fellow Memphians for the Memphis Civic Data Hackathon and brainstorm solutions to some of the 901’s toughest problems.
- Spend the evening with the infamous Memphis Symphony Orchestra for The Orchestra Unplugged: Devil at the Crossroads.
- See award-winning Post Malone perform his Runaway Tour at Fedex Forum.
- Wear your purple to the Purple Prince Party and dance until you’re delirious.
Saturday, March 7
- Shop local with the Memphis Modern Market at Loflin Yard.
- Dress up your pup to compete at the Mardi Growl at Overton Park .
- Jam out with Rumours (Fleetwood Mac Tribute Band) at 1884 Lounge.
- Join millennial leaders for the Black Millennial Political Convention event, “Our Crown Has Already Been Paid For.”
- Get your art therapy on with the Intro to Watercolor Painting Workshop at Primas Bakery and Boutique.
- Reflect and connect in civic community with Civic Saturday at the East Shelby Library.
- Get to know our local African American small business and food truck owners at the E-U Small Business Expo.
- Lettuce know what you pick up at the Cooper-Young Community Farmer’s Market.
- Visit the new Tiger Hoops Exhibit at Pink Palace to visualize the story of our own Memphis Tigers Basketball teams.
- Get to know local chefs during Boxlot’s Taste & See Series ft. Chef Shanon.
- Catch the Memphis Grizzlies vs. Atlanta Hawks at the FedEx Forum.
- Watch Memphis 901FC rep their city as they take on the Indy Eleven during their first game of the season.
- Don’t miss out when the hilarious Bluff City Liars perform The Lies of March at TheatreWorks.
- The Iris Orchestra is bringing out Anne-Akiko Meyers to share her talents with Memphis.
- Women in the Arts at the Dixon will celebrate the diversity and tenacity of our local, artistic ladies.
- Bring your kids to Playhouse on the Square for the launch of the children’s book Princess Prilla and Her Pretty Pink Pump Book Launch Celebration.
- Uncover a whole new world with Aladdin at the Orpheum
- Discover the fascinating competition to reach the South Pole at the Race to the End of the Earth exhibit at Pink Palace
- If you love jazz, you won’t want to miss University of Memphis’s Jazz Week.
- Muslims in Memphis Month INAC Grand Opening Weekend will celebrate the display of Islamic life and culture in Memphis.
- Join comedian Mo Alexander for a hometown performance when Midtown Crossing Grill presents Mo Alexander w/ Kate Lucas.
- If you’re into 80s and 90s street style, make your way to MTOWN MARKET.
Sunday, March 8
- Check out Mortimer’s Memphis for Crawfish Sundays with 2-for-1 local beers.
- Get down with DJ Randy Harper at Jammin’ Old School Sundays.
- Learn beautiful knotting techniques at a Macrame Wall Hanging Class hosted by Memphis Made.
- Support minority restaurant owners and try some of the best food in the 901 as Memphis Black Restaurant Week begins.
- Close out your weekend with giggles during Chocolit Sunday Presents Laugh and Lounge Comedy Show.
- See what it was like to Race to the End of the Earth with the new exhibit at Pink Palace.
- Break a sweat at The Ballroom Yogi for Latin Cardio Fusion.
- Dance to live jams at the Bluegrass Brunch at Loflin Yard
- Join the Springing Forward Extravaganza with Positive Pattie Bingo for an afternoon of laughter.
- International Women’s Day at Ixora is gathering you boss babes for a day of shopping.