With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, March 22
- Watch fiddlers do their thing on the roof at the Orpheum Theater.
- Folk All Y’all is bringing Erin Rae to the stage at Studio688.
- Fall the rabbit hole during the showing Alice in Wonderland at the Pink Palace Museums
- De Nichols is teaching artists and cultural organizers how to navigate conflict during A Master Class on Creative Strategies for Artists and Communities.
- Celebrate World Water Day with Memphis Made Brewing Company.
- Try your hand at Charcoal Drawing at the Memphis Botanic Garden.
- Shake hands and toast drinks with young professionals at the Social Network: A Young Professionals Happy Hour.
- There’s free music at the Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library for 5 Fridays of Jazz.
- Settle in for story time at Spillit Slam: Change of Atmosphere at B-Side Memphis.
- Welcome Weezer and the Pixies to the FedEx Forum.
- Dance with DJ Willow at Mollie Fontaine.
- Give it up for Bone Thugs-N-Harmony with Chinese Connection Dub Embassy at Minglewood Hall.
- Say goodbye to winter with the Whiskey Warmer whiskey tasting at Overton Square.
Saturday, March 23
- Go catch Hope Clayburn and Soul Scrimmage at Railgarten as they lay down a mix of soul and funk with Afrobeat and reggae.
- See what happens when two young choreographers put their own twist on the ballet Giselle at Ballet Memphis.
- Trap.Drank.Paint combines an upscale atmosphere with lively art lessons and libations.
- Celebrate Mempops’ 3rd birthday with $2 pops at all shops.
- Catch ’em all during Pokemon Go Community Day at Memphis Botanic Garden.
- It’s Memphis Grizzlies Islamic Heritage Night at the FedEx Forum.
- Palladio Garden is kicking off the spring season with the opening of their new plant nursery.
- Practice the #ArtOfLivingWell during the Zumba Pop-up at the Dixon Gardens.
- Enjoy a late night show with Fever Tree at B-SIDE Memphis.
- Catch a ride on the Memphis Brew Bus and bounce from brewery to brewery.
- Find you zen during Free Evening Yoga Class at the Palladio Garden.
- Give aerial arts a try at the Intro to Acro- Monthly Workshop.
- Learn how to sew so you don’t have to ask your mom for help during Beginning Sewing.
- Travel back to the times of medieval combat at Memphis Armored Fight Club at Hi Tone.
- Who will be crowned “Player of the Year” at the Players Ball and Competition?
- Vibe with over 40 black artists & black businesses at BAE: Black Art Experience
- Celebrate the change in seasons with some goth/new wave/ 80s/& more at Obscura: Bacchanalia.
Sunday, March 24
- Alchemy’s popping the bubbly while aerial artists swing from the rafters at Cirque du Champagne: Sunday Funday with QCG.
- Spend the afternoon with football and food trucks with the Memphis Express vs. Birmingham Iron and Food Truck Rodeo.
- Feast your eyes and get your kicks at SneakFest Sneaker Expo.
- A new edition of Memphis Current is dropping and that’s a good reason to celebrate.
- Pickers, grinners, lovers, and sinners are going to see Steve Miller Band.
- The Millennium Tour is bringing the heartthrobs of your youth (probably) to make you dance.
- The competition gets spicy at the 901 Popper Throwdown at High Cotton.
- Go see these live theatre things: Fiddler on the Roof, Significant Other, 1776, the Musical, Madagascar, The Music Girl, Radiant Vermin, The Crucible.