With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, March 15
- Spend lunch discussing the state of the industry with The Women of Memphis Music.
- Take in some of the AAC Tournament action.
- St. Patrick’s Day Weekend at Overton Square will have live music, dancing, crafts, and green beer.
- Let the spaces in-between speak to you at the opening of Between the Lines Exhibition at Marshall Arts.
- Kick back and make professional connections at Guys’ Night Out at Craft Republic.
- Noted stage performers are singing favorite Broadway tunes at The Black Broadway Cabaret to benefit Memphis Black Arts Alliance.
- It’s opening night for Madagascar; A Musical Adventure.
- Here’s your chance, do your dance at Space Jam at The Orpheum.
- The selections are old, new, happy & sad at Mark Edgar Stuart Early Show at DKDC.
- Catch Marsha Ambrosius’ NYLA Tour at Minglewood
- Laughter’s really the best medicine at Group Therapy: A Comedy Show.
- Bring the supplies of your chosen medium and get creative w/The CLTV at The Kitchen.
- Rave like no one’s watching at the Silent Disco at Railgarten.
- If you want to sing out, sing out at Karaoke at Rec Room.
- Dance the night away to some new songs at Revelry and Romance: The Lucky 7 Brass Band at Bar DKDC.
Saturday, March 16
- Hear Nikki Giovanni’s keynote at The University of Memphis P.A.U.S.E. Women’s Conference for free.
- Team up with your doggo at the 10th Annual Fast & The Furriest 5K
- Have some St. Patty’s Day Cookie Decorating Fun! with Muddy’s Grind House.
- Check out the city’s first dog park bar at St. Pawtrick’s Day with Lucky’s Social Club.
- Go green on Beale for the 46th Annual Silky Sullivan St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
- They say a Golden Ale really sets off a lobster roll. Try it when the Cousins Maine Lobster food truck hits Ghost River Brewing Co.
- Give back at Cheryl Pesce The Lifestyle Store’s Sisterhood Saturday The Takeover.
- Trolley Stop Market’s got your family-friendly fun at their St. Patrick’s Day Celebration for the Kids.
- Sing Irish drinking songs with PubSing at their St. Paddy’s Sing-along.
- Support the local food community and food justice at Midtown Eats Kick Off Party at Wiseacre.
- Nibble on a pastry flight at the Primas Bakery & Boutique St. Paddy’s Day Dessert Tasting.
- The comics are poets and the poets are comics for the first half of Trading Places: Poets & Comedians.
- Consider the makeup of the places where we learn during PWI (Predominately White Institutions).
- Play a “deadly” dinner game at Memphis Murder Mystery Night.
- Watch the entire time-traveling trilogy in one night at Time Warp Drive-In: Back to the Future.
- Get a blend of gospel, jazz, R&B, and soul at Live from the Green Room with Tonya Dyson.
- Take it easy with Amos Lee at The Orpheum.
- Watch Memphis 901 FC #DefendMemphis against Loudoun United.
- Let a golden-voiced clown sing you some songs and make you laugh at the Puddles Pity Party at Minglewood Hall.
- Open mic meets the charm of cabaret at Midtown Crossing Cabaret Array.
- Find out what lengths Ollie and Jill went to for their dream home at Quark Theatre’s Radiant Vermin.
- You look like someone who will be having a laugh at You Look Like A Comedy Show at P& H.
- Stay up late for Tank and the Bangas w/ Maggie Koerner, Alfred Banks at 1884 Lounge.
- DJ Justin Hand has plans to make you dance at HANDS UP at Mollie Fontaine.
Sunday, March 17 – Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Take the family for floats and bands at the Cooper-Young St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
- Don’t fret, the kegs are blessed at Murphy’s 42nd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration.
- If it seems like everyone around you is getting engaged, you’ll like Significant Other.
- A seminal event in American history blazes to vivid life at 1776, The Musical.
- Fill up on an authentic Irish breakfast with the Blackwater Trio at their St. Patrick’s Day Throwdown at Brass Door.
- Join in the St. Paddy’s edition of the South Main Bar Crawl.
- Get poetry from Phatmak and some soulful heat from Singa B at Artistik Lounge.
- Rhodes is throwing a carnival that’s out of this world at Rites to Play: Galaxy Themed!
- Head to Dru’s for a sandwich with a side of fabulous drag at Imagene’s Gospel Brunch and Drag Show.
- It’s Suds & Stories Sunday at The Emerald Isle: the Irish (& Scots!)of Elmwood.
- Pianist Inon Barnatan is sitting in with IRIS Orchestra at the Brooks.
- You might hear a little ditty ’bout Jack & Diane during John Mellencamp: The John Mellencamp Show at The Orpheum.
Need more ideas? See more of what’s happening this weekend in our Events Calendar.