With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, March 1
- Siphne Sylve is exploring the artist’s role through sound and collage during This Place, This Time: An Evening with Siphne A. Sylve.
- Cozy up with hot cocoa at Star-igami Family Campfire Party at the Garden.
- Put your taste buds to the test during First Friday Coffee Cupping at Vice & Virtue.
- You might win something fabulous during the The Price Is Right Live at the Orpheum Theatre.
- The Mardi Gras Party at 1884 Lounge says it’s guaranteed to be the wildest party in the city.
- Bounce from shop to shop and win prizes along the way during March Madness – First Fridays on Broad
- The Spring Jam Hip Hop Workshop seems like a good time and place to do some booty poppin.
- Warm up those vocal chords in preparation for March Beer + Hymns at Midtown Crossing Grill
- DJ A.D is spinning during Housewerk/Freestyle Friday at Mollie Fontaines
- Discover your culinary talents during The Art of Dinner Interactive Cooking Class: Spring Thyme in March
- Join the Memphis Drum Tribe for a night of drum circles and dancing during the Drum, Hoop, Dance Jam.
- The stage is open to all at the Open Stage Drag Show at Dru’s Place.
- B-SIDE Memphis is going to be bumpin at Memphis Dream Team DJ’s take over.
- Show love for “The King” during the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Weekend at Graceland.
Saturday, March 2
- Bump elbows with out city’s new soccer team during Memphis 901 FC Fan Fest
- Treat yourself to a night out at the Cirque during Cirque du CMOM.
- College students get free admission into the Memphis Express vs. San Diego Fleet game.
- Hear one of “the most exciting new voices in contemporary music” during Folk All Y’all: An Evening with Lizzie No.
- Get in loser, we’re going shopping at the Southern Women’s Show.
- Eat all the mandazi your body can handle during the Kenyan Cuisine Pop-Up Kitchen at Launch Process.
- Design a look worthy of the runway at the Free Family Art Workshop | Spring Fashion Figures.
- There’ll be plenty of booze along the Mardi Gras South Main Bar Crawl, but we’re not certain about the beads.
- Mix-Odyssey 2019 is bringing together the best of the best bartenders and it’s up to you to determine who makes the sips.
- Get funky like a dog, chicken, penguin at A Tribute Honoring Mr. Rufus Thomas.
- Vintage901 Grand Tasting at Crosstown Concourse is a celebration of culture, community, and purpose through delicious food.
- Gather with young politicians, philanthropists, activists etc who are making Memphis a better place during the Black Millennial Political Convention TN Regional Convening.
- It is said that you’ll want to dance all night long at the Afro-Caribbean Dance Party.
- Enjoy a mix of americana, funk, bluegrass, and soul during the Dustbowl Revival at the Halloran Centre.
- Lift, spin, and flip your partner while you Swing Dance with the Side Street Steppers.
- Leave all your worries on the dance floor duriung Q&A Dancing Queens and Queers Dance Party.
Sunday, March 3
- You might want to put an extra notch in your belt for Memphis Black Restaurant Week 2019.
- Create and learn among talented black artists and creators during the closing reception of PHTGRPHS and Artist Talk – Lester Merriweather & Lawrence Matthews.
- Enjoy the wonder of the Pink Palace Museum for free during Free Community Opening Day.
- Learn more about polar bears and how they’re being affected by climate change during Polar Bear Day at the Memphis Zoo.
- Get crafty at Mats and Mimosas DIY Personalized Doormat Workshop
- Find something fancy for your walls during the Beale Street Art Crawl.
- Black Cream is bringing some soul to Growlers.