With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, July 5
- Chantae Cann is coming up from Atlanta to hold things down in The Green Room.
- Keep it cool with Broad on Ice- First Fridays on Broad.
- It’s Walden’s turn to take over the Levitt Shell stage.
- Celebrate 20 years of Makedas Cookies with 20 Cookies for $20.
- Improv Underground II will keep everybody laughing at Brass Door.
- Let your child-like imagination run wild with Matilda at Playhouse on the Square.
- You’ll find Marcella & Her Lovers doing their thing at Bar DKDC.
- Move, groove, and BYOB to the 4th of July Weekend Celebration.
- Hope Clayburn’s Soul Scrimmage might just heal your body and soul.
- You’re your own DJ at the Silent Skate Party.
- Welcome the Jack Oblivian Band back to B-SIDE.
- Railgarten is trying to break the record for largest bikini photo during National Bikini Day.
- ’84’ is recreating the sound, look, and energy of Van Halen during The Ultimate Van Halen Experience.
- Head to Graceland for a “hunka hunka” happy 4th during the All American July 4th Getaway.
- Have a paleta on the Fourth Bluff at Frozen Fridays.
- Believe that you’re Beyoncé at Karaoke: Until the End of Time.
Saturday, July 6
- Pick up something fresh at the Farmers Markets: MFM, CYFM, Agricenter Int’l.
- Rep your country during the International Carnival on the River.
- MPLOY Youth Film Festival will showcase the talents of local youth.
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo are bringing their 40th Anniversary Tour to Graceland Live.
- Celebrate America with pizza and beer on the 6th Annual Red, White and Brew Tour.
- AJX is showing off his talents during the The Grey Matter Show- Unapologetic Youth Showcase.
- Memphis drummer George Sluppick and special guest Will Sexton are playing a set at The Green Room.
- General Labor is bringing their psycho grooves to Bar DKDC for the first time.
- Prism #1/Hash Redactor/ Big Clown +DJs at Lamplighter Lounge.
- Orquesta Akokán from Havana will have everybody “havana” good time at the Levitt Shell.
- Almost Elton John and the RocketMen at Hi Tone would make the real Elton John proud.
- Things are getting crafty at the Make Your Own Journal Workshop.
- You could walk away from the Next Summer the Concert & Twerk Contest with $100 for shaking that thanggg.
- Bailey Bigger will be entertaining the folks at The Vault.
- July Swing Dance will prove that it’s never too late to learn to lindy hop.
- Cheer on our boys during the Memphis 901 FC vs. Hartford Athletic game.
- It’s encouraged to dutty wine at the Afro-Caribbean Dance Party (For the Culture).
- Show off your skivvies during Underwear Night at the Pumping Station.
- Head to Overton Park for a day of disc golf at the Bluff City Classic.
- Catch a screening of “What Happened Miss Simone?” during the Summer Art Documentary Series at Art Village Gallery.
Sunday, July 7
- Load up on grub during Summer Brunch at the Park.
- Find your zen with SUP Yoga downtown.
- The Peterson Brothers are bringing their youthful energy and old-school blues to the Levitt Shell.
- We never knew bingo could be fabulous until we heard about Drag Bingo.
- Cheer our ladies onto victory during the USA Women’s Soccer Final Watch Party.
- Cruise for brews with Tap & Go downtown.
- After the Microchip Clinic at Hollywood Feed, you’ll never have to worry about losing your doggo.
- Recover from the weekend at the Hi Tone Hangover Pancake Brunch.
- See what it’s like to ride like a celeb Trapped Out Car Show ft. Boosie & FastCash Boyz.
- Boot Camp & Brews is recreation and reward all in one.
- Social Sundays at the River Garden is back for your monthly dose of family-friendly fun.
- “This is how we roll” has a different meaning during the Memphis Sushi Class.
- Put your pedal to the pavement for the Guilt Free Ride Along Series: Season 2.
- Visuals & Vibes at The Collective is a badass all female film & design exhibit.