With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates.
Friday, July 27
- All Day- Stuff the Bus at Crosstown Concourse
- 1pm – Be serenaded by Katie Ferren at Lunch & Listen
- 5pm – See how things are coming together at the Primas Bakery & Boutique Preview Party at Trolley Night
- 6pm – Throw it back with the Al Kapone Old School DJ Show at Center for Southern Folklore, consume Crépes & Comedy at Scoops Parlor, or stroll the entirety of Elvis Week Warmup Trolley Night.
- 6:30pm – Grab a beer and a limited edition screen print during Creative Works presents Hellcats, Inc. lecture and pop-up shop.
- 7pm – Follow the yellow brick road to Wizard of Oz at The Orpheum, or pass through the opening reception combo of Frances Berry & Jenny Fine: Tunnel Vision and Art of the South at Crosstown Arts.
- 8pm – Attend the Family Time July variety show at Dru’s, fight evil by moonlight at the Moon Palace Party (Sailor Moon cosplay!!!), or get entertainment on the fly at Improv 2: Improvisation Improved.
- 9pm – Drop in on the Our Scene United Night Show at Hi Tone.
Saturday, July 28
- 7am – Help package meals during Feeding Children Everywhere at FedEx Forum (there’s an afternoon shift, too)
- 8a – Enjoy tunes while you buy local and fresh at Music@MFM.
- 10a – Learn some moves and be part of a video with Ballet Memphis for National Day of Dance or share breakfast and build community at Desayuno con Libros Memphis No. 5 (Books & Breakfast).
- 1:00pm – Get lunch at the food trucks and donate school supplies at Madison Heights Cluck Fest
- 2:00pm – Head to Growlers for the Our Scene United Day Show.
- 6:30 – Experience the legendary Gladys Knight Live at the Garden, settle in for the Our Scene United Night Show at Hi Tone.
- 7pm – Cool down and let it go with Frozen – Movie Mania at Carriage Crossing, Park After Dark Movie Series: Top Gun, or offer up your travel stories or tales of other strange trips at Spillit Slam: Away We Go!
- 8pm – Enjoy a free show at the Overton Square Bollywood Bash
- 10pm – 4B, HODJ, ELL!PSIS, DUDECALLEDROB at The New Daisy
Sunday, July 29
- Noon – Go to the Our Scene United Day Show at Growlers, or the Khao Soi Pop Up at Launch Process Coffee
- 2pm – Catch the final performances for Crib or Ladies & Legends, or learn something new at A History of Death: A Suds & Stories Presentation at Elmwood Cemetery
- 4p – Sip and Shop at Shear Perfection, or check out the Saddle Creek Beer Garden
Need more ideas?
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Plan ahead with affordable date ideas and ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis