With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, July 26
- It’s gonna be a nice night for South Main Trolley Night!
- Grace Porter will be unveiling her new work at Stock&Belle.
- Fresco Trey and Juanpré will have the crowd moving at It’s SoulRight Trolley Night.
- The booze will increase your creativity during Paint & Get Lit w/ David Yancy.
- This weather is good for the outdoor tunes at Soulin’ on the River ft. Katrina Anderson.
- You could get a free lunch voucher and MemPop during the Celebration in Health Sciences Park.
- Hush y’all and enjoy the fan experience at the WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational.
- Soak in the sunset and beats by DJ Chandler Blingg at Summer Sets // Vol. 1.
- Celebrate local music in all its various styles and shades at Our Scene United 2019.
- Grab a free paleta and play in the River Garden at Frozen Fridays.
- Go to Mug Making Class at Belltower Artisans because honestly, you can never have too many.
- Check-in with the sprits at the Woodruff Fontaine House Ghost Tour.
- Laugh with Comma Comedians and have some hen by Flying Sobie’s at Comedy at Crosstown Brewing.
Saturday, July 27
- Get up for fresh finds at a Farmers Market: Memphis Farmers Market, Agricenter Farmer’s Market & Crafts, Cooper-Young Community Farmers Market.
- Have some grown folks fun at A Wine Festival on the Farm.
- Find a safe space to get real about womanhood at Real Girlfriends Coffee Session.
- Try something new at Church Health’s Barre Basics Workshop (pay what you can).
- Join other Harry Potter fans for a day of wizarding at The Fantastical Festival at the Metal Museum.
- Burn up the dance floor with to disco and skate jams at Sparkle City Disco at The Green Room.
- A massive water fight is taking over Mud Island at Water Under the Bridge – City Wide Water Fight.
- Everything gone be irie at Live Up Fest 2019 (Memphis Reggae Festival) at Railgarten.
- Bring the family for fun, food trucks, and tunes by Will Ticker at Live Music at the Lakeland Amphitheater.
- Celebrate #fitwithfinesse blog’s one year anniversary with a workout and waffles at Hustle & Flow: Fit with Finesse + Zen Studio.
- Choose shorts and don’t forget your sunglasses for another day of spectating at WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational.
- Actor Ann Perry Wallace presents a captivating look into the life of Zora Neale Hurston with Live Rich, Die Poor.
- Avon Dale’s Bluff City Boogie music series continues with Petty Gene at High Cotton Brewing.
- Let ’em run wild in the sprinklers while you enjoy drink specials at Kids’ Hour at Loflin Yard.
- Celebrate Harry Potter’s birthday with magical treats at Harry Potter Theme Day at 17 Berkshire.
- Love watching anime shows and playing video games? Do it with music at Growlers with The Call- Memphis Lofi, Anime, & Videogames.
- Get your face painted and then stuff your face with sweetness at Cupcake Carnival.
- DJ Koosta is turning Overton Park into a pop-up water park during The DripSet Day Party.
- Memphis 901 FC is taking on the Ottawa Fury at AutoZone Park.
- Brenda and friends are back with a Safari themed romp at Second Line’s Drag Brunch Vol. 4.
- Go for good records and good beer at Saturday Spins: Buck Wilders and Zac Ives at Memphis Made.
- Rec Room is showing UFC 240: Holloway vs. Edgar.
- Sample 5 refreshing rosés at Rosé All Day with John Vego at Buster’s.
- It’s only a $5 cover for the wrasslin’ show Real Memphis Wrestling.
- Delve into the life and work of Basquiat during a screening of “The Radiant Child” at Art Village Gallery’s Summer Art Documentary Series.
- Alive Paint Mural Dedication
Sunday, July 28
- Learn about what’s new at Keeping Up with the Collections at the Metal Museum.
- The CLTV is providing a safe space for women and a roundtable artist discussion at Fiber: Girl Talk.
- Float on at SUP Yoga downtown.
- Awards will be announced and the community quilt will be revealed at the STITCHED Finale.
- Dope on Arrival and Art Unplugged are joining forces for DOAU: The R& B Experience.
- Get crafty cause the holidays will be here before you know it at Christmas in July Make and Take at Board & Brush.
- Brunch Spot Ideas in no particular order: Automatic Slim’s, Char, 3rd & Court Diner, Majestic Grille, Babalu, The Bluff, RP Tracks, Lafayette’s, Elwood’s Shells, Venice Kitchen, Bayou Bar & Grill, The Beauty Shop, Sunrise Memphis, Ecco on Overton Park, The Second Line, Edge Alley, Sweet Grass, Tug’s, The Arcade, Celtic Crossing, Sage Memphis, Rizzo’s.