With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, January 24
- Dance like no one’s watching during Silent Disco at Railgarten.
- What better way to spend your Friday evening than nomming on Free S’mores at Railgarten.
- Garry Goin has created a show that celebrates Memphis music and you’re invited to see it at the Halloran.
- Wurst Beer Pairings? More like the best beer pairings because we all know hot dogs go great with beers.
- Gather with your fellow goths for a night of dancing, drinking, and debauchery during Dystopia at Black Lodge.
- Feast your eyes on the doodles made by talented local artists at the Scribble Exhibition Vol. 1.
- Memphis’ Reba Russell and her band are doing their thing in The Green Room at Crosstown Arts.
- The Mesmerist by Jeffrey Day will leave you mesmerized at the Woodruff Fontaine House.
- The MidMOM 2020 Clinic will be providing children and adults with free dental care that includes cleanings, extractions, and fillings over the course of two days.
- Who needs Target candles when you can make your own during A Night of Candlemaking at Arrow Creative.
- Head to Circuit Playhouse where it’s opening night for Indecent, the story of a controversial play that once led to the entire company being arrested on the grounds of obscenity.
- Try something new during the last days of the 2nd Annual Whitehaven Black Restaurant Week.
Saturday, January 25
- ‘Tis going to be an evening of funky pairings with Bleus, Blues, and Brews at Wiseacre.
- It’s the last Saturday of the month which means it’s time to head to Black Lodge to witness the talents of our LGBTQ+ community during Memphis Queer AF!
- Newby’s is ringing in their 45th birthday with live music and drink specials.
- Who knows what treasures you’ll find where there are over 500 works of art to choose from at Finders Keepers | MCA Art Sale and Auction.
- Things are getting jazzy in Crosstown Arts where they’ll be paying tribute to The Music of Joe Sample.
- The Children’s Museum is having a farewell party to close out the Paw Patrol exhibit.
- Get to know local artist Kong Wee Pang as you step into her interactive gallery at the Dixon.
- You’re invited to Get Drunk and Sing Karaoke at Lucchesi’s Beer Garden.
- Toss a few back and see some folks get pinned during 901 Wrestling Live at Rec Room.
- Local authors are will be reading some of their published work during Read in Peace at Elmwood Cemetery.
- The Belz Museum is commemorating the Chinese New Year with an art contest and free family day that includes cultural demonstrations, face painting, origami, and more.
- The Atomic Angels invite you to their little slice of heaven as they take the stage at Atomic Rose.
- The Rated R Comedy Show 6 is taking over Blow Hookah & Cigar Lounge.
- Enjoy an unforgettable night of music, joy, and spectacular cirque at Mardi Gras Ball XVII- A Night Under the Big Top.
- You’ll be leaving the Terrarium Workshop II- Succulents with your own mini garden.
Sunday, January 26
- Memphis Black Arts Alliance is bringing out the historic Memphis Letter Carrier Band to perform at Jazz-A-F!RE.
- Art Unplugged is back with another incredible show that’ll feature spoken word, live music, and more.
- It’s felt like Elsa’s been in town this week, so a “Frozen” Party at Primas with Frozen- themed treats seems very fitting.
- The Memphis Grizzlies are back home to take on the Phoenix Suns.
- Brunch is always better when it comes with a show, so Drag Brunch at Tin Roof is where it’s at.
- Gather with your fellow ladies and dream big for 2020 at The Ultimate Vision & Brunch Party.
- The Iris Orchestra is bringing out guest pianist Conrad Tao to perform a one-hour concert at the Brooks.
- If you’re a first -time biker or you’ve forgotten how to ride, try out the Adult Learn to Ride Class with Revolutions Bicycle CoOp.
- Craft your little heart out during the Valentine’s Day Make & Take.