With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, Jan. 11
- Enjoy the sights, sounds, and makers at The CMPLX Grand Opening.
- Create a masterpiece at Drink-n-Draw at Ghost River.
- The Bluff City Liars are bringing their sensible comedy to The Bennyfit Show at Hi Tone.
- Hear a Dark Wintry Mix of sorts at Canvas.
- Watch Debbie Reynolds try to find her voice and go Singin’ in the Rain at the Orpheum Theatre.
- PULSE is showing their love for Pink Floyd at Railgarten.
- Step into Vincent Van Gogh’s shoes at the First Friday Neo SOULSession at QBHome Paint & Sip Studio.
- Sashay over to the Pumping Station for the RuPaul’s Drag Race watch party w/ Brenda Newport.
- Do the time warp again w/ Absent Friends at the Evergreen Theatre.
- Hone in on your Capricorn energy at Delta Groove Yoga.
- Watch Daydream Nation with director Lance Bangs and Sonic Youth drummer Steve Shelley.
Saturday, Jan. 12
- Pianist Awadagin Pratt plays the greats at Mozart, Beethoven & Rachmaninoff
- Justin Timberlake brings The Man of the Woods Tour back home.
- Taste the delicious newness that Wiseacre created at the Beer Release Party.
- Party like it’s 1999, otherwise known as the end of the world at Young Avenue Deli w/ Goldie and Friends Y2K.
- Put that body to WERK with a Zumbathon and Fitness Launch at the Kroc.
- Formal attire meets trap at Trap Gala.
- Join West Cancer Center’s Gatsby-themed anniversary celebration.
- The brews are cold and the comedy is free at Drafts and Laughs.
- Hang out, and get lit at Novel & Libro’s Lit & Libations with Lyndsay Faye.
- The Withers Gallery wants your used books for the Books on Beale Book Drive.
- DJ Juice The Great is playing your song at The Bluff.
- Bands are breaking out of the Vault for a while to play Vault Fest at Hi Tone.
- Growlers is ditching the cookie-cutter formulas and going Refreshingly Innovative.
Sunday, Jan. 13
- Nibble on “Frozen”-themed treats at the Primas Tea Party Series.
- Spend your Sunday Fun Day learning to make croissants with Lucy J’s Bakery.
- There’s music, comedy, and spoken word at the January edition of Art Unplugged.
- Get your little buddy microchipped for cheap.
- Dance it out with Chardae at MixxedFit.
- Have brunch at Sunrise with Semi-Average Joe.
- Learn to sew with designer Samilia Colar.
- Take it easy with Jeff Hulett at Ghost River’s Sunday Slowdown.
- Catch the last performance of Mozart, Beethoven, & Rachmaninoff with Awadgin Pratt and MSO.
- See O’Keeffe’s Visions of Hawai’i at the Brooks, or explore Artists’ Books, Prints, and Zines before it leaves the Dixon.
Need more ideas?