With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, February 22
- Determine if the coworking-space thing is for you or not during the Coworking Open House at Epicenter Memphis.
- It’s time for this month’s South Main Trolley Night.
- Hear sounds of “Perseverance” at the Rhodes Orchestra Spring Concert I.
- Wow the crowd with your range during Karaoke at Rec Room.
- Celebrate the contributions made by black musicians at Negro Terror Presents It’s Alive (Rock n’ Roll Celebration)
- Love on your best gorls during Galentines at Propcellar.
- The dancers of the Collage Dance Collective are ready to show you what they’ve got during RISEMemphis.
- Kick it with some of the hottest Rockabilly/Rock n Roll bands at the 2019 Ameripolitan Party.
- The Cypher at Society Memphis is serving up real hip hop and real coffee made by the realest people.
- Free your mind, body, and soul during Vibration: A Creative Dance Experience.
- Wear your spandex and go with the glow at the Glow in the Dark 80’s Theme Party at Fox & Hound.
- Model Zero and DJ Andrew McCalla are supplying the tunes at Bar DKDC.
- See prominent figures throughout Black History captured in their elements at the Wither Collections Black History Exhibit.
- Reward yourself with a Margarita at Babalu for National Margarita Day.
- The MemphissippiSounds are keeping the groove on lockdown at Midtown Crossing Grill.
- Jerred Price and The RocketMen are paying tribute to Elton John at Lafayette’s.
- Welcome Floyd Mayweather back to the “M” as he hosts the Bicentennial Beatdown Pre-Fight Launch Party.
Saturday, February 23
- Brave the cold in support of our special needs friends during the Frosty 5K.
- Put on your investigator hat for the 2 in 1 Walking Tour and Ghost Hunt.
- Head to the Pumping Station for Beads, Beats, and Booze during The Magic of Mardi Gras and the Music of Record Player.
- Kiss KISS goodbye during the End of the Road Tour at the Fedex Forum.
- Marcella and Her Lovers are doing their thang at Bar DKDC.
- Think “What Would Sherlock Do” during Memphis Detective Day.
- BAS is rolling through town and he’s bringing his hip-hip sounds with him to 1884 Lounge.
- Load up on mudbugs during the Crawfish Boil at the Yard.
- Society Memphis wants to teach your kids how to catch some air.
- Teamwork is the only thing that’ll get you through the The Amazing Race Memphis (Adventure Race).
- PULSE is paying tribute to Pink Floyd at Lafayette’s Music Room.
- Hear Aquarian Blood/ Archaeous/All Destroyers at B-SIDE Memphis
- Test your knowledge during Black History Jeopardy at Memphis Public Libraries
- Revel in rugby realness at Six Nations Rugby at Celtic Crossing.
- Remember to roll your “r’s” during Free Spanish Classes at Memphis Public Libraries
- Channel your inner artist and appreciate the human body at Uncensored II Paint & Sip.
- Share the love by donating supplies to Advance Memphis.
- Make Mickey and Minnie proud at Disney Movie Trivia.
- Tap into your inner wisdom with The Fool’s Journey: Through the Tarot (Part 2).
- Let the kiddos release some energy with Kids Parkour Classes at the Overton Park Pavilion.
Sunday, February 24
- Noir Adore is a celebration and discussion about black arts, youth, talent and more.
- Watch peeps get roasted during the Roast’n: Insult Comedy Competition.
- Celebrate 200 years of Downtown Memphis History at Before It Was Memphis w/ Jimmy Ogle
- Comedy meets satire during the The Leftist Show at Midtown Crossing Grill.
- Stax Recording legends, the Temprees, are bringing their hits to Memphis Black Arts Alliance.
- Celebrates the year’s best rockabilly, western swing, outlaw and honky-tonk music at the Ameripolitan Awards Showcase in 1884 Lounge an B-SIDE Memphis.
- See who gets snubbed during the Oscars Watch Party at Haven Memphis.
- Or watch with Indie Memphis at their annual Red Carpet Party.
- The Man In Black Tour is a high-energy, live-music tribute tour that explores Johnny Cash’s years in Memphis
- The Memphis Jazz Orchestra is bringing their good vibes to Alfred’s on Beale.
- Make something lucky during the St. Patty’s Day Make & Take at Board and Brush.
- Get on a bike for brews during Tap & Go.
Need more ideas?
- See more of what’s happening this weekend in our Events Calendar.
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis