With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, February 15
- It’s opening night of Ballet Memphis: Spring Mix.
- Feast your eyes upon Lester Merriweather: Every American Thing, Memphis: Kenturah Davis + Desmond Lewis, and new works by Coriana Close at Crosstown Arts Gallery opening receptions.
- Support Memphis-based artists at the kick-off for Urban Art Commission’s new gallery show series.
- Cuddle up for drink specials and love songs at Wild Bill’s Valentine’s Day Celebration.
- Murphy’s is letting you dance out whatever you’re feeling at Auntie Willow’s Lonely Hearts Club Dance!
- Emilio & Gloria Estefan’s story will have you On Your Feet! at the Orpheum.
- You could win a pair of tickets to the KISS concert during KISS It or Diss It at 1884 Lounge.
- Come in your icey white to Hoist Club Night at Dru’s Place, or don’t come at all.
- I Love You, You’re Perfect Now Change dives into the complex issues of relationships at Rhodes College.
- Witness what happens when Mars Attacks! at the Pink Palace Museum.
- Love on your gal pals during Ladies Nite at Brinson’s Downtown.
- Hit the Mississippi River in the name of love during the Valentine’s Day Dinner and Music Cruise.
- The first show in the Indie Visible Music Series is happening.
- Pair your artistic abilities with adult beverages during First Friday at Qbhome Paint & Sip Studio.
- Share the love by donating supplies to Advance Memphis.
- FreeWorld is hitting the stage at The Dirty Crow Inn.
- Sing your heart out during Karaoke on Tap at Crosstown Brewing Company.
- Make it a date night during Valentine’s Dinner Date and Paint at Pinot’s Palette.
- Steve Selvidge is playing Bar DKDC.
Saturday, February 16
- Shake it in the silent disco at the Memphis Express home opener vs. Arizona Hotshots
- Pull up to Time Warm Drive-In: A Pam Grier Tribute
- Learn how to elevate your black-owned business at a Primer | Brand Intensive w/ Cheers Creative.
- Learn and grow and learn to grow at Growing Vegetables from Seed In Memphis.
- Run around with your little ones at Kids Rock Family Day at Dixon Gallery and Gardens.
- See how the Memphis 901 FC are looking during their preseason exhibition game against CBU.
- Talk over tacos at Let’s practice Spanish at Maciel’s on Main.
- Go to the historic Clayborn Temple for Invisible: Imprints of Racism, a portrayal “deep and honest images of racism and its impact on individual people.”
- Get a riveting look at the history of Jookin’ at the National Civil Rights Museum’s screening of Memphis Majic.
- There’s a poetry, comedy, and R&B exploration of all things love at Relationship Goals: What’s Love Got to Do with It.
- Invite some positive energy at Kundalini Yoga & Crystals for Love: Self-Love and Romance.
- Laughter’s the key to lasting love, so laugh together at You Look Like a Couples Comedy Show.
- Join John Paul Keith at B-SIDE Memphis.
- Revel in decadence at Obscura: Black & Gold at The P & H.
- Get close and get lost in the groove at Afro-Caribbean Dance Party Valentine Affair.
- Spectrum is open for Memphis Heat Pride 2.0 Reloaded 2019.
Sunday, February 17
- Fill up on all your fave soups for Youth Villages at Soup Sunday.
- Run the Laurelwood 15K for Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Catch the Memphis Shrine Circus at the Agricenter.
- See Steel Magnolias at The Harrell Performing Arts Theatre or catch the final performance of Sweat at The Circuit Playhouse.
- Praise the lawd and pass the mimosas at Imagene’s Gospel Brunch & Drag Show.
- Get s*!t done and make new friends at Free Cowork Sundays with WonderCC.
- Sip on an Illimani Sour mixed by guest bartender Alex Karimnia at Viva Bolivia! Cocktail Night at Art Bar.
- Issa vibe at Artistik Lounge ft. Courtney Little.
Need more ideas?
- See more of what’s happening this weekend in our Events Calendar.
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis