With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, February 1
- Discover what “courtship” was life before the days of Netflix-and-chill at the Timeless Romantic Exhibit Opening.
- Cirque Du Soleil: Corteo is giving us three days of acrobatic bliss at the Fedex Forum.
- The first issue of Edible Memphis is hot off the press and you can snag one at the Edible Memphis Launch Party
- You might gain a few cavities during Sweet Street on Broad
- Issa celebrartion of the lineage of black art in Memphis during Inheritance I Artist Talk at The CMPLX
- Disobey mom and play with your food at the Cookie Decorating + Crybaby Club Pop-Up
- Bounce on over to B-Side Memphis where Grace Askew + Marcella Simien are performing.
- Celebrate two years of Two Rivers Bookstore.
- Beer + Hymns: Love Edition is pretty much group karaoke.
- Mix, mingle, and taste your way through town with young professionals at the MULYP Progressive Dinner Tour
- Whether you’re a rookie or a pro, leave it all on the stage during Dru’s Open Stage Drag Show.
Saturday, February 2
- Pick up something bold from the African Fashions Pop Up Shop.
- Some vivacious vaudevillians are bringing their awe inspiring acts to the Pretty Things: Vaudeville Show at Young Avenue Deli
- Students and teachers will speak the truth during Spillit Center Stage: Natural Consequences
- Break out the leg warmers and leotards for the 80’s Workout Party w/ Costume Contest.
- Feel empowered and leave entertained after Dope Queens TOO.
- Brave the cold for the Bluff City Fire & Ice Polar Bear Plunge and Chili Contest
- The Bluff City Liars are giving you TV entertainment minus the TV at BCL TV Live.
- Ring in Chinese New Year at CMOM with the whole family.
- The Spring/Summer Consignment Event at the Agricenter is a one-stop shop for all your children’s needs.
- It’s the first Trap N Paint night of 2019!
- Dance until the early morning during the Afro Carribean Dance Party(For the Culture)
- See what’s to come along the Riverfront during the Tom Lee Park Engagement Center: Grand Opening.
- Celebrate the opening of Post 121 in Crosstown Concourse.
- The Casual Pint encourages you to Break Your Resolutions or at least put them on pause for the night.
- Will all this cold weather, you could use some Japanese Comfort Food.
- Start of Super Bowl Sunday early with some cookie decorating fun at Muddy’s Grind House.
Sunday, February 3
- Super Bowl Sunday has arrived and Blind Bear, Rec Room, Silly Goose, High Cotton Brewing Co., Wild Bill’s, Railgarten, and The Bluff are just a few places hosting watch parties.
- It’s Zine Time down at Co Work Create with the Hive Collective
- Consider donating warm clothing during Mariposas Collective Fundraiser at Lamplighter.
- Stay salty about the Saints loss at the Saints Superbowl Boycott Party.
- Cheer on Team Fluff during the Puppy Bowl Watch Party XV at Craft Republic.
- You could win a crockpot full of meatballs at the Hi Tone.
- Microchip your fur babies at Hollywood Feed for only $20.
Need more ideas?
- See more of what’s happening this weekend in our Events Calendar.
- Find unique places to watch movies
- Enjoy Memphis for free
- Explore our foodie bucket list
- Discover where to make friends in Memphis
- Try a food truck around town
- Go bowling with friends or family
- Find ways you can volunteer in Memphis