With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! Every week we curate The Weekender, a post filled with a handy list to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead. In the case of inclement weather, check with each event’s page for updates. See all upcoming events here.
Friday, February 7
- Catch Tyler Perry’s “Madea Farewell Play Tour” before he hangs up the wigs for good.
- Make your way down “Sweet Street” for First Fridays on Broad.
- Celebrate your love for someone else or rediscover you love for yourself during Love Connexion Live: A Celebration of Black Love.
- The Dopolarians are bringing their avant garde jazzy jams to Crosstown Arts.
- Notable Black Memphians is an exhibition compiled of over 200 biographies of notable African Americans that strengthened the Memphis community.
- Issa Silent Disco Pajama Party at Railgarten.
- Feel the bass and the beats during The Moniker Encrytion Tour at Black Lodge.
- Chocolate and Art at Phillip Ashley Chocolates will stimulate all of your senses.
- The MULYP Progressive Dinner will be a 3-course dining experience featuring 3 local eateries.
- Connect with other women who are killing the gam during BAWSE Night Out.
- All proceeds from Rock For Love at Growlers go towards a fund for LGBTQ individuals who are victims of domestic and intimate partner violence and abuse.
- Indulge in island eats with The Art of Dinner Interactive Cooking Class: Valentine’s Day in Hawaii.
- Get all gussied up with your pup for A Night at the Pawscars.
- Catch Ryan Hurd on stage at Minglewood Hall.
- Take a break from your own family drama to experience someone else’s with What Becomes a Broken Heart: The Stage Play.
- It’s that time of year again for Memphis Film Prize, and you’re invited to help kick things off.
- Rock out with Stay Fashionable at the Doghouzz.
Saturday, February 8
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with Valentine’s Cookie Decorating Fun at Muddy’s.
- Make your way to Memphis Botanic to learn about the Herbs for Love.
- You can have a full-on date night in thanks to the 5th Annual No Show Ball.
- Draft and Laughs is back at Memphis Made to get you giggling.
- Spend an evening dancing during Folk All Y’all: An Evening with Snaps for Sinners.
- Welcome Ixora to the Crosstown neighborhood at their Grand Opening.
- All proceeds from the Winter Festival of Lights go toward serving the needs of homeless women and children.
- You might find the one at The Main Attraction/ A Speed Dating Experience.
- Bari is whipping up something special for Sobato Sociale in the Enoteca.
- Fusion- A Night of Indulgence not only featurea a 4-course culinary experience, but handcrafted cocktails, local urban artwork, and live music too.
- You’ll see a good ole-fashioned showdown as 901 Wrestling Live returns to the Rec Room.
- Local music artists are coming together to show their love and appreciation for Bob Marley’s music at Railgarten.
- Meriweather Adams invites you to try your hand at hand-lettering.
- The Chinese New Year Celebration at CMOM will include a traditional dragon dance, crafting, dumpling sampling, and more.
- MO3 and El Zappo Foreign are performing at Minglewood Hall.
- The Dress for Success Pop Up will give those who are in need an opportunity to come shop, and you could play a part in making that a success.
- The 7th edition of the Out of Africa series returns to the South Main Arts District.
- Lee Brice is performing at Graceland.
- Don’t miss Don’t be Afraid Comedy at Midtown Crossing.
- Retro Drinks Re-Imagined will give a little face-lift to some of the cocktails from the 70s, 80s, & 90s.
- Shiver, shake and learn why Memphis may be a cursed city with a The Haunted Memphis Bus Tour.
- Spend time beautifying the V&E Greenline during the Volunteer Day at the Flower and Herb Garden.
Sunday, February 9
- Blooms and Brews presents an evening of florals and flavors that you and your boo will enjoy.
- LuLu’s wants to brunch with you in Crosstown Arts
- Grace Askew wants to inspire you with her conversation surrounding Women Who Rock.
- If you considered using Avon Acres as a wedding venue or event space, get a closer look with the Opening House and Catering Showcase.
- Your heart may not go on if you miss the Celine Dion: Courage World Tour at FedEx Forum.
- If you like hip-hop, comedy, and powerful vocals, you should find yourself at Art Unplugged.
- Did someone say there’s going to be complimentary D’usse during the brunch day party at WKND?
- Watch the Oscars at Rec Room.
- You might find some hidden gems during the WE Consign Open House.